big problems with my vr6

hi everyone i have a 1995 vr6 golf bought it about a year ago after two weeks of owning it i discovered that there was oil in the expantion tank i took the head off and replaced the gasket after about a month the same thing so i have put in wonder weld and done everything to instruction now there is no oil coming into the cooling but the car seems to overheat then the water comes up into the expantion tank and starts gushing out through the overflow once the fan comes on the water goes back into the engine runs ok for a bit then it does the same thing the car seems to be pushing the water out please help me!!!!!!

thank you all for the replies i am just waiting for the rain to stop then i will be going out to check on it to answer an earlier question the fan comes on at about 90 deg is there a way that i get it to come on earlier? also does anyone know what the compression is ment to be as i have a compression tester and i want to check my compression

hi , i had the same problem just not with the oil in the tank , did you have the head skimmed prperly when you done the gasket? my head was pourus (corroded) and had to have special treatment before they could skim it . my symptoms were that i would lose water in the tank so i would top it back up and as soon as the engine got hot it would it blow it out the overflow until it got to a level just under the minimum, then it would be fine for a couple of days til the water light came on to tell me the tank was nearly at the bottom agian, it was doing this for weeks til someone from vw checked it over for me

ok thanks for that my cousin changed it for me and assured that all was fine also a red light with a pic of a thermostat light keeps comin on even when i have full water i am about to check the thermostat now. also is there a way i can get my fan to come on earlier as it comes on at 90? so it could be the head then? i did put head and block sealer which i was told would fix any leaks in the gasket and block or head. it was mixing oil into the water but since puting that in it has stopped now its just the losing water part left to sort out

ok thanks for that my cousin changed it for me and assured that all was fine also a red light with a pic of a thermostat light keeps comin on even when i have full water i am about to check the thermostat now. also is there a way i can get my fan to come on earlier as it comes on at 90? so it could be the head then? i did put head and block sealer which i was told would fix any leaks in the gasket and block or head. it was mixing oil into the water but since puting that in it has stopped now its just the losing water part left to sort out

hi guys i have now taken the thermostat out and run the car without it but it is still thowing the water out of the bottle i am now at a loss do you think i have to get a new head i have ordered a new gasket and spacer as i have a gtr34 skyline turbo to fit on it but now that i cant seem to solve this water problem i am slowly losing hope