Well, it sounds from reading others replies on here that my Car may well need the Timing Chain replaced.

I'm quite surprised considering it's a 1997 with only 83k miles, but anyway - worrying won't do me much good!

I was just wondering if anyone around the Newbury/Thatcham Area knows of a good place to take it to?

Quite a few people seem to need theirs doing so maybe we could find a garage that would do us a deal? At least if they do a few within a few weeks/months they'll know the job well enough to not charge toooo much. We would also probably get a bit of a discount if a few people book the job?

Just an idea anyway, as i hear it could cost £600 which i really could do without spending at the moment, this car was supposed to save me money lol.

i strongly recommend tony at automotive solutions in sonning (so just off j10 of m4, then off a308 (i think) onto a4 then turn off and you're there). give him a buzz on 01189 699903, he's a nice bloke, who knows vr's very well and does superb work at a very good price.