i have a feeling even though they are different part numbers they are the same pad. i could be wrong. i no that the vrs and tt225 have the same pads but seem to have a lead coming from it which im guessing is a sensor? this could be the reason for different part numbers. orrrrr i ccould be talking out of my arse :P

It depends on how hard you drive' date=' whether your going to use for track days etc. I run red stuff pads, which take a little bit of warming up, but are great when hot. I think the green stuff are a good all-rounder, and yellow for all out stopping power! http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/index.shtml

[/quote']

As I am looking at the supercharger route next year but until then I have a lightly modified VR. I am just about to upgrade the brake hoses to stainless steel, so will Green stuff do the job or am I better looking at red or yellow as I do drive late and hard.

I run the Yellows on my 288mm setup. I really like the pedal feel on track. On the road' date=' i`d be tempted to run the Reds though.

[/quote']

How come the Reds?

They take less time to warm up. Until the pads are warm they might not work as effectively.

I thought choosing the right pads was going to be easy.

I like the idea of Greens due to cost and reduction in brake dust.

I like reds as the reviews are good but it takes time to warm up.

I like the yellows as they are good to go from cold but produce the same about of dust as OE.

Choices, choices lol

I disagree' date=' from my experience (not on a VR6), the Reds are better for a road car. The Yellows are a track pad and work better when hot, don`t get me wrong, they still work from cold, but not as good as the Reds IMO.

[/quote']

Have you used both Red and Yellow stuff pads.

I'm not sure if this is right or not. But isn't the sinter rating the amount of steel in suspension in the compound? The higher the rating, the higher the content with the affect of working better as they heat up but also increased disc wear. Maybe someone could confirm?

I am still undecided' date=' braided hose cables first then pads I guess. I was thinking of doing both.

[/quote']

if you can do both it is worth it, also i use greenstuff pads and find for normal driving conditions they arnt that good still need to get temp up all right on long journeys though ..

lol pauls probably thinking yeah cos you drive like a grandad ( dont normally go over 4 grand lol )