Bit of advise regarding buying a netbook please! :-)

I'm thinking of up grading my crusty laptop with something more portable, longer battery life, and just generally newer.

The reason being is so that i can use it to tune my car using Emerald, and just to have a laptop thats more portable than my current 1.

I've been looking at 1 of these http://www.dealgiant.co.uk/dell-inspiron-mini-10v-netbook-review/ are they any good?

Any recommendations or advise, or anyone had any experience with these?

Many thanks :-)

cant see the link

i have an ACER ASPIRE one netbook. so long as you dont go trying to run to much at once it's a perfectly good netbook. as per all computers you want bigger processor, bigger memory and bigger storage, if you want to play films then a decent graphics card/module

if you want something to use for vag-com or tuning look into a second hand panasonic tough book, you can get the touch screen one for a couple of hundred quid and apart from the3 little plastic side trims you could drop it or throw it if you get the hump then just keep using it, they truley are tough. but only down side is no optical drive.

ok' date=' well i have the hp version of this , and i find it a breeze to use.. no problems as yet with anything i run . mine is the one that you get in tesco for circa 230 quid

[/quote']

Do you use it on your car jim? Hows the battery life?

ok' date=' well i have the hp version of this , and i find it a breeze to use.. no problems as yet with anything i run . mine is the one that you get in tesco for circa 230 quid

[/quote']

Do you use it on your car jim? Hows the battery life?

mine was good for two hours on a three cell battrery new. which is now down to barely 20mins. Going to get a 9 cell for £30odd.

no my battery is fine , last 6 hours.. i run vag com and other software on it fine.. also play load sof music and films though it, also fine.

and its all on windows 7 . it also runs stuff that my old vista one would not. stick another gig of memory in it and i think its pretty good for the money

Well, hard drive wise i'm not really sure how big i'm going to need? Probably not alot. Just want to load Emerald software onto it, which doesn't require alot;

486DX 66mhz

32mb ram

Max of Windows XP

But don't really know what the above means! And i'm not bothered about a cd drive, as like bungy says, i can use a usb stick.