Ben.B's new car. Corrado VR6, with lots of tasty extras!

Just put a deposit on a new car:

VW Corrado VR6.

- Shrick VGI (variable geometry intake) inlet manifold

- Shrick 268 cams

- Reconditioned and CNC gas flowed head

- Big bore throttle body

- Supersprint 6 branch heat-wrapped exhaust manifold

- Milltek sports-cat & exhaust system

- BMC CDA

- Brembo 323mm 4-pot brakes

- KW variant 1 coilovers

- OZ Ultraleggera 17x8 wheels

- Audi TT front seats, original rear seats retrimmed to match

With a remap, my mate reckons it'd be up to 240bhp. I've had one person say 250 and another 270. And another telling me to get standalone management. So we'll see.

Immediate plans once I get it are to take it to Awesome GTi for a service and then a rolling road (as much to find any hidden faults/problems as to get a power readout) and then to take it to a weigh bridge on the way home.

Longer term, I'm gonna be putting my mark on it. The bodywork isn't perfect, although it will come with two front wings and a passenger door, all mint condition, to replace the scratched/rusted ones on the car. Gonna tidy it up, fix up the interior, new steering wheel, couple of smaller things, then see what's what.

A lot of work has been done to it already though, saving me a lot of money as far as my plans go. It already handles better than every other car I've been in, except for an Astra VXR track car, and there's still room to improve that with polybushes and uprated ARBs. It's more than quick enough for now, especially compared to the 1.3 CDTi Corsa that I've come from.

In the interest of it running as best it can though, I'm gonna remap it as soon as I can afford to take it to Stealth, not gonna take it to anyone but an expert, and Stealth are about as good as it gets with VRs it seems. Also looking at polybushing it soon, the standard bushes will no doubt be worn by now.

When I can afford to (I'm thinking a couple years), I'll get a second more practical car, and turn this into a less practical but much more fun car... stripping it to lose as much weight as possible for free, then start the more expensive weight saving, carbon bonnet/boot etc. Eventually I intend to turn this into a track monster, perhaps go the forced induction route.

snv32662.jpg

snv32663.jpg

snv32664.jpg

snv32665.jpg

snv32666.jpg

snv32667.jpg

Comments, (constructive) criticism, suggestions and advice all welcome :)

car looks very nice mate and it certainly does have some nice mods but as for the power figures they are way out inmo, I would think around 215 would be more accurate - and I agree about Stealth, I have taken my cars there and been well chuffed with what Vince has done everytime :)

Thanks guys :)

I can't believe it still hadn't sold by the time I was able to view it. Was an absolute bargain price so thought it'd go within a day or two. I'm glad it didn't though hehe.

I'd be more than happy with 240bhp, my current car has 68 on a good day! 215bhp sounds a bit low though, that'd only be 25bhp more from the inlet, cams, exhaust, head & tb, and a remap... that kind of work would get 50bhp on the 1.8 corsa c's.

I'd look at getting one of those power boost valves too (that increases fuel pressure by 1.7 times when accelerating)

well the Schrick gives torque not bhp cams will give you 15bhp roughly exhaust 5 tb 0 head 0 and remap 10-15 roughly !! just a rough guess by previous rolling road days and from knowing other peoples cars with the same mods mate - 240 ish is stage 1 charger territory so would expect it to be below that - but you never know :)

anyway its still a lovely car whatever the bhp :)

well as said you never know mate !! always best to have the lower figure in your head and then be pleasantly surprised :) and as you rightly the say the way it drives is so much more important than a bhp figure and with those mods and the rado engine the torque figure should be very good and thats whats really important :)

Mate, that is a bloody good looking corrado! That colour and those wheels, with the brakes sat behind them look mint! Almost makes me want 1...might just leave my greed at jealousy though!! :-) Good luck with the project, and keeps us updated ;-)

nice Rado mate :-) I have similar mods to you, bar the flowed head & throttle body (tho I dont think that'll give you much) and I got 213bhp with a remap think there's a couple more to to had tbh but I doubt you'll see 240 :-) welcome

nice Rado mate :-) I have similar mods to you' date=' bar the flowed head & throttle body (tho I dont think that'll give you much) and I got 213bhp with a remap think there's a couple more to to had tbh but I doubt you'll see 240 :-) welcome

[/quote']

Ah, ok. Everyone on here seems to be saying expect lower figures, but on the Rado forum and other forums they say 230-240 is reasonable. I'll just see what I get really.

if you collect you can have it' date=' no receipt im afraid, brought from roadrunner motor sports notts,

junction 27 m1

[/quote']

I'll PM you buddy :)

Collect the car on Saturday. Got insurance sorted now, came to £1389 for the standard premium, a few bits of extra cover took the total price to £1437... not bad imo.

Already got a few things already lined up for the car for the future.... bought a Wavetrac LSD, a Gemini 6-speed box and getting my hands on an FSE power boost valve