Recommended Clutch?

The standard clutch from VW/TPS is upto the job that you need.

Good for 300lbft torque I beleive.

But most uprated clutches are good for 450lbft as I have had to buy one for the R and did quite a bit of asking about different clutches. Sachs racing clutches were recommeded but Helix kept cropping up more often than not.

So I ordered a Helix paddle clutch from C2

Yeah i think the standard clutches can handle quite a bit of abuse, but the weakest point would porbably be thrust bearing carrier, the pressed piece of tin, beef that up and it will handle abuse alot better!

Yeah i think the standard clutches can handle quite a bit of abuse' date=' but the weakest point would porbably be thrust bearing carrier, the pressed piece of tin, beef that up and it will handle abuse alot better!

[/quote']

Hi Paul, how do you do that?

TPS should be cheap everywhere........but yes lots of them will not sell to public so unfortunate for you. Leicester do serve public and I always get trade as been going for years and they know me now lol

Looks like GSF is your best bet then..plus you get discount

well put it this way...tps cardiff- asked my brother in law to get a price on parts through his garage(2 wishbones, drop links,discs,engine/gearbox mounts came in at 700 and something i stopped listening to how much as it was getting to be a ridiculous amount. wishbones were something like £200.lol...without ball joints