Vortech V3 Charged VR - Breaking

Just a little update, bloody Schrick lol. I have now found I have rattle coming from the paddle flap thing, Need to devise a cunning plan to stop it without removing the Schrick.

Thanks Nat for the PM regarding polishing the Schick, I am seriously considering getting it powercoated later in the year as show and shine is really not my bag.

Going to a mates garage on Wednesday to test the new designed vacuum reservoir from Schrick to ensure I have no air leaks.

Oh and the decat is blowing and I am getting what sounds like a vacuum leak between 1500 to 2500 rpm which could be related?

The love of a VR, its just a shame my wife does not understand.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No vacuum leak with the Schrick thanks god.

Found out the the tb is ported which was nice I think and the decat blowing is sorted but need to wait for it to choke up.

I must say I am extremely happy with the mods so far.

So next steps;

C2 Chip with Schimmel Cams,

Paintwork,

Change the rims.

Then take my family on holiday and stop playing.

Looking for a set of these later in the year on 17's 8j with 195/40 with a little stretch

IMAG0060.jpg

love the BLQ's they look like a more modern version of the standard VR wheels inmo - but the ones I want are the NUE but they dont do the feckers in 16" :( :(

not massively expensive either :)

[/quote129485I agree with that aswell they look nice !

Thats great news about the shrick' date=' what was it in the end?

Those wheels look spanking! 195 on 8j, that will be some stretch! ;)

[/quote']

It seems I have a ported throttle body of which seems to be generating a whistling sound once the butterfly begins to open between 1500 to 2500 rpm. No 100% sure on this but Darren @ g-werks took a look. Also I have a tin sort of noise from the exhaust which was caused by a small blow and that fact the decat has not choked up.

Oh the rattle sound from the schrick was fixed by simply moving the ford vacuum valve on the top.

I am serious in love with these rims, lol that sounds so wrong.

Thanks for the stretch piccys! The 195 strech looks abit much' date=' but thats just my own opinion.

Plus those wheels too look good, its going to be a tough choice mate...

[/quote']

I must admit I do have concerns with the 195 even though it looks ubar.

I am caught between the 16 to 17 debate.

The Compomotive are 16 and 8j with an ET of 25. There are alot cheaper than the others.

I think Ben had a set on his car?