Hello everyone.

Sorry I missed the Rolling Road day. Hopefully I'll make the next one!

New%20Avatar.gif

My car is the one in the avatar.

1992 2.8 VR6

VF Engineering Vortech Supercharger

Schrick 248sc Cams (in the garage)

Corrado Box with Quaiffe LSD (in the garage)

Jetex Stainless System

Supersprint Decat Pipe

Powerboost Valve

Samco Hoses (On order)

Nice to be here. :)

WE fitted it originally to overcome what we thought was a fueling problem with the Charger software..

turns out it was something completely different.

Apparently it's best to tweak the valve on a set of rollers. It basically just increases/decreases the fuel pressure with the turn of a screw. You could definately make a difference to the running of the block, but again it really needs to be set-up on a set of rollers to get the optimum setting. As you can see, I've still got a few bits and pieces to be fitted this year, so once it's all in and I go and get it set up I'll be able to give a better picture of how good/bad it is.

Mine only cost £20 so I didn't see any reason not to have it.

welcome to the forum mr evil dude!

nice car (not sure about the engine bay colour though ;))

The engine colour has changed.(below)

Admittedly.. the red was VERY gay.

The new colour won't be to everyone's taste I know. Yellow samcos coming soon too. I spend all my money on the engine/transmission so I wanted the bay to stand out!

enginebluework.gif

[ enginebluework.gif ]

[ Edited Tue Feb 24 2004' date= 08:59PM ]

• 3 weeks later...

whats envolved with the supercharging? I was told it was best to have a rebuild first to ensure the crank was ok. Then to sort the head out, then put on the supercharger. Thats alot of money.... is it the VF engineering supercharger? about £2500 fitted? what did you have done evil?

I just slapped it on.

Rebuild the engine and sort the head? Wtf?

The standard compression ratio of the engine is fine for Stage 1 of the kit I will be getting a thicker gasket for stage 2, but that's about it..