conversion help

hi guys

i'm going to be using a Vento vr6 as my doner car, i already have the whole car in the garage with a obd1 engine and all running gear, well the whole car lol

I've just been chatting to a guy who is breaking two corrado 16v's and have ordered the following list of parts off him

Rear axel

radiator

cross member

pedal box

and a subframe but i'm not really sure if i need this :?

is there anything else i should be getting?

Im not sure on the swap parts between the corrado but pretty sure there is a list on the net somewhere.

Im pretty sure you can swap over the complete front subframes with the mk3 but you will have a slightly wider track so may need to roll your arches out a bit.

Also with my car im pretty sure im running corrado shocks to better compensate with the extra weight over the front axel which the mk2 dampers wont be set for.

Good luck with the conversion

• 1 month later...

the corrado is the best car to use as the donor because all the parts minus the rear engine subframe will go straight into the mk2, the pedal box clutch master cylinder radiator and top and bottom rad hoses are the most important things from the raddo

• 2 weeks later...

if i do that, will i have to cut down the vr6 drive shafts or do use the gti ones?

also i've heard there is a conversion to change the hydrolic change gearbox over to a cable change. so in turn not having to use a corrado pedal box and cutting a hole in the bulkhead. i've heard its a part that the Seat torledo uses,

has anyone heard of this?

• 2 weeks later...

Dont forget to drill the rear legs on the subfraim thay are slightley longer on the VR6 and wont match your floor pan! Its much easyer to do off the car trust me i know!!

is there a guide on how to do this or do u have any photo's of what you did laying around somewhere? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just completed a mk2 vr6 and i had the whole mk3, i used the mk3 subframe and rear beam, wide tracked it but kept 5 stud as i wante the 288mm brakes. I also went with the corrado pedal box and clutch master, cutting a hole in the bulkhead was easy enough.

Hi' date='

I have just completed a mk2 vr6 and i had the whole mk3, i used the mk3 subframe and rear beam, wide tracked it but kept 5 stud as i wante the 288mm brakes. I also went with the corrado pedal box and clutch master, cutting a hole in the bulkhead was easy enough.

[/quote']

cool this is what i will be doing with mine,

how did you do the radiator? did you us a raddo one or the one off the mk3?