[moved] Fit coilovers not springs and shocks , Doh

a lesson well learnt - fit any ice before sorting suspension

I had koni shocks and eilbach springs fitted to my dub , a reasonable ride but a tad overrated .The ride was lowered 30mm all round . I then decided to fit the ice , 3K worth in the boot , that when it all went pete tong .

The suspension at the back had dropped a further 40mm with the weight of the ice and mdf . I was well surprised that the weight if the ice had such an effect I was expecting 10-15mm drop but not 40mm.The car looked pants 70mm down at the back and 30mm down at the front .

So what did i do next , do I bin the lot and buy coilovers , no , i had just spent £500 notes on the kit and fitting , so I bought a set of Spax ssx springs a 60mm drop for the front a further £150 for kit and fitting .

The ride is terrible , its more bouncy than a Space hooper filled with helium.( with the top adjustables turned fully to firm )

and now to add to my woes the car is pulling to the left just like binliners . Its off to Elite in Essex next week to do a tracking and camber test .The car has only done 1K miles since the spax springs went on .

Next year I am going to sell the lot and buy a set of H&Rs or K& Ws , coilovers of course and fully adjustable .which is best do you surpose ?

Regards to you all Dubbers

Keza ~:( ~:(

[ Edited ]

I used to carry two 15inch Rockford subs in the rear in a huge MDF box. It was loud don't get me wrong, but I was forced to sell them due to a cashflow problem and I've just fitted a tiny Vibe combined 10" Sub and amp which wheighs about a 5th of the previous set-up.

The sound is just as good (not quite as earth shaking).. I'll never go back

did your rear shocks have height adjustment? apparently there are 5 holes on rear setup, and usually shock is placed in the middle. U can go up or down to adjust height appropriately. I cant believe your sounds effected ride height to such an extent!! !dodge

Your car must be a miniture disco !amazed

• 4 years later...

Lose the ICE mate think what its doing for you 3K hole in your pocket VR6 Dragging her arse and the added wieght fuel economy and 0-60 time reduced. I suppose I get the same effect having 3 kids but hey. Sacraficing all that to blow your ear drums fella your nuts? Is your car turbo or not? If not thats were the first 3k should ave went.

1231613340_8485_FT4685_flame_.jpg

Lose the ICE mate think what its doing for you 3K hole in your pocket VR6 Dragging her arse and the added wieght fuel economy and 0-60 time reduced. I suppose I get the same effect having 3 kids but hey. Sacraficing all that to blow your ear drums fella your nuts? Is your car turbo or not? If not thats were the first 3k should ave went.

1231613340_8485_FT4685_flame_.jpg

Check the date of the original post mate ;)