Depends on the health and how well everything else is running mate and also depends on what year your vr is as the very early ones have a slightly higher pass mark, mine flew through it's mot with the de-cat on, have heard peeps say make sure the engine is nice and hot as that can help too :)

the amount of miles dont affect the vr mines gettin in the 170k marks and its gettin faster just look after them and they go on for eva :) just cook ur exhaust to make sure all the crap is out and breathin right and it should be fine but still post what ur readins are :)

how can you get the emissions down low enough to get it through the mot without a cat? thats the point of the cat, to reduce harmful emission's.

seriously im interested coz im having mot issue's due to emissions and if the cat is screwed coz i been spitting fuel through it during a recent episode of mis-firing then my de-cat can go back on and i'll peg the emissions down your way :)

well you start with a healthy engine make sure its running spot on do all the usual service bits and then pray :) :) the emissions level for my age car is 3000 and most vr's it's 2500 and my car was sitting nicely at 1150 so well within all the levels, with a de-cat and a charger - although the recent re-map may be one of the reason's it running so sweetly at the mo as Craig says :)

will let u kno soon as my Mikalor zorst clamps arrive! got the decat and poly hangers now so jus waiting on the clamps cos i KNOW the old ones are jus gonna snap straight off. plus these look better than normal u ones

will be interesting to see if it passes.....dnt kno wot sorta life the cars had before me, but ive done new coil pack and leads, filters, frequent oil changes (cos i keep splitting the sump :-* ) but in serious need of a set of followers - rattle bad plus im hoping thats why its runnin a bit lumpy too...but its a really strong good engine, pulls hard!

hoping the decat dont make it much louder either, not a fan of really droney loud exhausts...got 2 box jetex atm so will see, if its bad i could always chuck the 3rd box in too. tho its got a hole in the cat and 2 other blows so may actually be quieter when all sorted lol

cat was a right tw*t to get off! nob head here also forgot new gaskets....so its all fitted but the downpipe to decat is blowing pretty bad, other than that its awsome! gonna get it on the emission test on monday and see if it'll pass a test