How long ago were your brakes changed and has the light been on since cuz brakes dont usually need bleeding after they are changed... and wouldn't really cause the abs light to stay on.

Its probably more coincidence or that the may have knocked one of the abs sensors when replacing the brakes.

You need to vag com it really as it could be a number of things, at least you will know the problem straight away instead of trail and error.

Nearly Perfect!!!

Rear ABS sensor was the fault well done guys! I just ordered one from ebay

£25 inc the delivery! Bargain!!! Apparently the garage have ordered from this place before!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230468415140&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Now i have to wait until tuesday before its Delivered..!! argghhhhh

Appreicate your help guys.

Yes your right china good are cheap. Be careful though ive had my fingers burntt before. Cheap prices but you do get what you pay for.. very poor quality made for pennies!!

Out of the 10 air flow meters i spent £250 on only 3 were usable!! Il pay the little extra and make sure i know what im getting! thanks for the reply tho.

yeah, i agree.... in most cases you get what you pay for.... at least with gsf you have a place to go if it goes wrong, but you send out 30 rear sensors and say half go wrong then you've got a lot of trouble on your hands.... a risk i would recommend taking.

i ordered 2 of ebay aswell about 1 or 2 months ago now of same seller,and they havent been touched yet because im so idle,lol,will the abs light go out automatically?? or shall i disconnect battery then do them ??

got my abs sensor from gsf for £16

Was that a front one?

heres one from euro car parts only £14 http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Golf_2.8_1995/p/Car-Parts/Brakes/Brake-Hydraulics/ABS-Sensors/?417440011&1&db29a4d96fbcc47ac3f171ca8ea16b439465e1f8&WSPS

no rear one nat

no way would i pay more than that for one

got my front ones from ebay

7 quid each early mk4 golf n audi tt ones fit the mk3 golf on the front

When i looked on the gsf website the rears were more expensive:

648VG0100 ABS SENSOR-REAR G3 >12/94 (>Ch.1H-SW385334) 34.50 Add

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

648VG0110 ABS SENSOR-REAR G3 23.15 Add

Shop prices do not include VAT, VAT will be added at the shop checkout.

Online prices are not necessarily available in branches.

How di doyu manage to get them so cheap?!!!

When i looked on the gsf website the rears were more expensive:

648VG0100 ABS SENSOR-REAR G3 >12/94 (>Ch.1H-SW385334) 34.50 Add

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

648VG0110 ABS SENSOR-REAR G3 23.15 Add

Shop prices do not include VAT' date=' VAT will be added at the shop checkout.

Online prices are not necessarily available in branches.

How di doyu manage to get them so cheap?!!!

[/quote']

dont go by website prices gsf never seem to update the website with prices and they dont do a catalog any more so ring them up for prices.