hi, the cylinder shape sensor behind the coilpack on the VR6....

does anyone have the exact name for it i have come across names such as :

hall sender

hall sensor

impulse sender

impulse sensor/camshaft position sensor

when searching these items, they come up as different products,

a part number would also help if anyone has one, i have found a price of 51 dollars inc shipping (25 pounds) is this about right?

many thanks

ETKA calls it the impulse sender, but it is usually refered to as hall sender in my experience.

its on image 906-10 of ETKA, and is part no. 021 907 601A ...same for all models from 1H-PW400001, dunno if thats the start of vr6's, or the start of coilpack vr6's (dunno if dizzy cars have hall sender)

I have just finished changing my hall sender (or impluse sender as VW call it) to try and solve a mis-fire my car developed about a week after I brought it.

I had previously changed the plugs and leads with no difference. I removed the hall sender last weekend and cleaned it, this did make a big difference but the mis-fire was still noticeable.

I ordered a new one and fitted it today, I took some photos which are below.

First disconnect the battery.

Disconnect all the leads then take off this cover with the three hex bolts (circled)

IMG_0510.JPG

It looks a lot like this under that cover.

IMG_0507.JPG

You can see the hall sender but to actually remove it you need to take the coil off, there are 4 bolt type things you need to undo. Once the coil has been removed you can then take out the hall sender, this has the same bolts as the coil.

Once you have the hall sender out give it a nice big clean so its all sparkly.

IMG_0513.JPG

Hope this is of some help to someone, took me a while to find mine. Replacing it did fix this mis-fire as well which was nice :)

Tom