Ok so im getting real tight for money and with the show season coming up im in need of money for these shows... so the one thing im good at and love doing is detailing, so im thinking does any one near me think they would be interested in having me clean their car(s) and getting them gleaming??

I was thinking of 2 types:

Maintenance Clean: (2-3 hours)

Wash

Dry

Polish

Wheels

Windows

Trims

Show Clean: (5-6 hours)

Wash

Clay Bar

Wash

Dry

Polish

Wax

Seal

Wheels

Windows

Trims

How much would you be prepared to pay for this type of wash (guaranteed it will look a damn site better than the cheap supermarket washes and will last longer too...)

Here's some pics of mine to show the finish you can get....

(a couple of how the paint looked when i got the car)

1274696148_8829_FT0_small16122008819_.jpg

1274696148_8829_FT0_small16122008820_.jpg

1274696148_8829_FT0_small16122008821_.jpg

After a few detailing sessions:

1274695935_8829_FT0_5850_124517562532_523182532_3124309_2312122_n_1_.jpg

1274695935_8829_FT0_6775_140578890852_751885852_3709615_822534_n_.jpg

1274695935_8829_FT0_170420103374_.jpg

1274695935_8829_FT0_s8000272.jpg

1274695935_8829_FT0_300820092437_.jpg

thats a good idea nat thats a big change from when u got ur vr to now :) i read sometimin last year for the pros to come and do it they charge about £300 so if ur cheaper then that then bargin :)

yeah im thinkin a lot less than that.... maybe £40-60 for the maintenance clean and upwards of £100 for the show clean as it takes all day and a lot of products.... but i dunno... its only worth what people are willing to pay for it...

Im not thinking of doing this as a business.. literally doing a few cars before show season to get enough money together to pay for the shows or im going to have to miss some... i would only do members off here or my other local forum and only people i know. (ive never scratched a car in my life btw) lol

The picture from behind after you have detailed it is a big selling point I think, I'd probably be willing to pay around 60 pounds for option 2 maybe I'm a cheapskate I don't know lol. Why don't you say you will clean someones car for entrance into the show and a crate, then you can branch out nationwide lol

£60 for option 2?! mate you have got to be kidding!! Thats a whole days work and a lot of products being used!! There are companies charging £150 - £200 for the same.... i wouldnt work a whole day and walk away with less than £50 for myself!

I know how meticulous you are with your cleaning and also how honest you are (if, for some sheer random reason you did get the tiniest scratch) that you would own up and try and get it sorted for the customer.

I would say around £40 for option 1 and around £100 or so for option 2.

I'm basing that option 2 price on a guy up here who trained with Auto Glym and really knows his sh*t and quoted me £230 for a full detail of my car (wheels off - the lot!)

Obviously things are a little more expensive down your way so perhaps £100 is a little low but i'd be happy to pay round that mark to have you work your magic :)

I know but tbh they are companies who do just detailing and will have insurance costs and workplace costs which will bring their prices up. I suppose it depends on what kind of products you use, because most meguirs stuff like their polish and wax quick detailer etc lasts a long time ( 6 times round a car) so say you only need to get the stuff once in a while not for every job, you would be walking away with about 50 quid anyway. Shampoo isn't that expensive and lasts a very long time and that's two steps, drying isn't using anything but a chammy or waffle towel which you can use for a long time. I don't think 60 quid is that rediculous personally and a lot of people would come to you to get it done. Just saying that's all

Price would depend on what products you were using... if I was going to pay someone to do my car the sort of money that's been mentioned for a pro job (ie £150+) I'd expect them to be using a machine polisher with products to match.

If you're using decent polishes and a quality carnuba wax etc it's worth paying for but I can't see people wanting to pay a lot if you're using products they can buy in Halfords (despite what the above post says, most megs waxes don't last 5 minutes!)

no its detailing products from detailing websites, not halfords!

I use different products for different effects, but am not going to say on here the ones i use... the pictures say enough.

i wouldnt be asking for 150 so wouldnt be using a machine polisher.... thats more involved than i want to get.... most ppl wont need it... and most will do it themselves, i know this... however, i also know there are ppl out there that just arent into it or dont know what to do, but like the finish of a good detailing.

maybe ill just go back to a couple of the Ferrari boys i did a few years back, i gave them a quick waterless wash for 2 hours and got £60, just wish i could remember their numbers!!

no its detailing products from detailing websites' date=' not halfords!

I use different products for different effects, but am not going to say on here the ones i use... the pictures say enough.

[/quote']

Don't get me wrong I wasn't suggesting you were using halfords stuff... just that if you were charging to do it people would expect you to be using decent products (which I now know you are!) ;)

I'm sure you'll get some takers... maybe just offer the service and price it according to what each customer wants doing