guy's my vr failed it's mot and im currently trying to squeeze it through, but what i wanna know is who can do a mk2vr conversion for me? since i doubt it will make another one next year in it's current shell due to rust, i dont want to pay stealth or the phirm or someone as they want over 2g's to do it.. i just need someone to get the engine in and running and i can do the tidying up, i just dont have the skill/tools to do the major work

also i know it's easier to use a valver shell due to the loom issue's but was wondering if it's possible to just use any mk2 even a pony 1.3 cl or something as i can use the entire mk3 to donate everything even full loom if need be

yea and theres mk2vr6.com......prob any question asked and been answered on there. must point out when i say plug n play....theres alot more to it than that lol. 90 spec jus makes elec side easier!

• 2 weeks later...

imho mate 2k is cheap for the conversion if its for the whole lot ie rear axle wirin petrol tank etc.. i did mine at a friends garage which cost me £1200 all in but had quotes for around 3k just to fit the engine which is takin the piss lol.. its not an easy job by any means the wirin is a total bastard even with diagrams and there are lots of tools you will need that only garages have..

where are you from as my mates garage where i did mine is in wickford essex and he knows his stuff, he normally builds cosworth engined mini's and track slags!! it wont be as cheap as i paid but im sure he can give you a better price than you've had..

make sure you get all the corrado bits you need before startin it to ie pedal box crossmeber rad cowlin etc.

stu.

• 1 month later...

im in pompey mate so miles away. i've got some help with placing the engine and that. im using the complete mk3 loom to make life easier. i have already fitted the mk3 front sub frame plus mk3 rear beam for the wide track set up.

all i need now is a list of part numbers to make a cable clutch set up or a rado pedal box which is proving hard to find. and a solid front mount. once its all installed i'll pick at the little jobs as and when time allows

• 3 weeks later...

I've been into Golfs since 1995 and running a mk2 VR6 we built, for 4 years and currently turbo'ing mine.

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?356145.0

I'm an agent for C2 motorsports, Matt@C2 has been into Golfs a similar amount of time and has been a good mate for 10 years.,,,, and is a bloody wizard with VR6s :) so I can do a re-chip/immo defeat, plug and play looms, whatever you require.