Hey I'm new to this forum, and website. I recently fell head over heals for VW. I bought a 2000 VR6 Jetta. One of my biggest questions is, is it possible or even worth it to swap the FWD with 4 motion? is it worth the struggle? Is it bolt in? Would there be to much to change to make it worth it? If so what would have to be changed? Any info and all info about a swap would be GREATLY appreciated. And if anyone knows where i would get parts for the swap or anything again any help would be appreciated.

The reason why I would want to do the swap is I just love this particular car, it has a couple small aftermarket stuff done on it. I'm just not sure of what kind of task that would be to do.

I look forward to all responses. I’m excited to be apart of this group!

Hi and welcome!

ANything is possible witht he right amount of knowledge..

There have been several mk3 and mk2 haldex conversions done, best bet is to get a donor car with a blown engine, and literally cut out the bits u need.

Personally I wouldn't do the work myself, cos i'm not that knowledgable, most who have done this have an engineering, fabrication and welding background..

good luck and scour the posts and threads cos u will find that theres a few detailed stories with images!

No we didn't get any 4motion jetta's or bora's here in Canada..... it sucks. it just makes me jealous of my friends STI cause of the awd. would the r32 4motion work? or to much mods to get it to fit?

we have 4motion passats.... would those work? or since the wheelbase is diff it would take a lot of mods?

the only donor cars i could find with 4motion bora would be from the uk or germany or somewhere other then north america. does anyone know of any companies that maybe make a kit or a swap or something? if not it looks like i'll be importing a car to Canada.

Thanks for your quick replies.

Doing the work myself i have no problem with. I have master vw mechanics in my back pocket ;) it's the parts i'm trying to locate for cheep.

i found a 4motion v6 bora for 2700 pounds in the uk... it works out to roughly 4000 canadian. do you think it would be worth it to just buy it and ship it over? would that not have all the parts i need? depending on condition of the parts.

would it not be pretty much bolt on? I don't know.

I completely agree it would be better, cheaper, and less of a waste of a well working vehicle. However the issue is since I live in Canada I find it hard to search UK or Europe's junk yards for a donor car with 4motion. if any of you know of somewhere the info would be appreciated.

also if i do find one of those. since it's a bora and I have a bora(technically called a jetta)... is it bolt in? cause the wheelbase and everything should be the same. or is there stuff i would have to change?

be honest mate i know bugger all about the tec side of fitting it all in lol lol might be worth pm ing bungy as he knows where there is a mk4 golf 4motion in a breakers might have the parts that you need, or you could go on a site like this http://www.partsfinder.co.uk/ and let them do the work for you

http://www.car-breakers.info/

Do you know how much they would be asking for the whole car? or how much they would charge to take the parts off and ship them to me, plus the parts them selves?

If you have any contact information i would be more then willing to ask them myself. i Don't want to bother anyone