VW Golf III R29 :) - new summer wheels

I have just bought this car as my new project. The car is a very good condition and so is the engine and driveline.

About the car:

Model: VW Golf VR6 syncro

Year: 14 September 1997

Kilometer: 190.000

Color: Purple

Power: 190hp / 245nm

Weight: 1.380kg

Volume: 2.860 ccm

0-100 km/h: 7,5 sec.

Max speed: 225 km/h

KM/L: 9,5

Trunk: 230L

Recaro Color Concept

4 airbags

Climatronic

Power windows

Power mirrors

Heated seats

Fog lights

Light washers

Side skirts

Rear spoiler

Engine- and cabine heater

Red seat belts/steering wheel/gearknop/gaitor/handbrake from 20th Anniv GTI

Flaws:

Service

Cleaning of interior/compartment

Fog lights does not work

VR6 batch for front grill

Future plans:

I have bought some BBS wheels from a 20th Anniv GTI.

312mm brakes

Red brake calipers

New suspensions

Engine makeover

Forced induction (this is a maybe)

54677584.jpg

dsc01418y.jpg

30881475.jpg

15844729.jpg

60473829.jpg

75143743.jpg

44789677.jpg

26356100.jpg

Hello Andy,

This is my dream VR6 :), but sadly not allowed left hand drive cars in my country, which is why I'm converting my FWD VR6 Golf to Syncro 4WD. (inspired by "Paul Parky" on this forum)

I'm in the process of collecting parts for the conversion and I also have the Syncro rear floorpan, but not sure what other brackets/mountings are needed underneath the rear floorpan.

I would like to ask if you could take some photos of the rear floorpan, above & below, the fuel tank and also the rear diff. mounting crossmember?

You could e-mail the photos or post them on the forum, I would be very very grateful for your help.

Thanks,

Kong

Hello Andy' date='

This is my dream VR6 :), but sadly not allowed left hand drive cars in my country, which is why I'm converting my FWD VR6 Golf to Syncro 4WD. (inspired by "Paul Parky" on this forum)

I'm in the process of collecting parts for the conversion and I also have the Syncro rear floorpan, but not sure what other brackets/mountings are needed underneath the rear floorpan.

I would like to ask if you could take some photos of the rear floorpan, above & below, the fuel tank and also the rear diff. mounting crossmember?

You could e-mail the photos or post them on the forum, I would be very very grateful for your help.

Thanks,

Kong

[/quote']

I will be happy to help you. I will take some pictures the next time I get the opportunity. Send me your e-mail adress as a PM.

Hello Andy' date='

Thanks,

Kong

[/quote']

I will be happy to help you. I will take some pictures the next time I get the opportunity. Send me your e-mail adress as a PM.

Thanks Andy, PM sent.

Kong

The side skirts on Golf 3 is a very good dirt collector, so today I dismounted the side skirts because I wanted to control the panels for rust. Luckily the panels are nearly good as new. I have cleaned the panels for loose rust and dirt and gave them some zink spray and body spray.

p4050007.jpg

p4050011.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I got a couple of rust spots repaired this weekend, luckily this was the only rust the car had. I also mounted the wiring for the rear speakers.

The only thing I need now before the car is ready for the road are new front and rear brakes. The front inner brake pads where so worn down that it was breaking "metal to metal".

p5020004j.jpg

p5020008.jpg

p5020010lys.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...