Hi guys,

recently done an engine change on my OBD1 VR. Started up today and runs lumpy as anything :angry:

When the engine is under load it fills the whole street with smoke and on idle the revs are hunting like mad. I really can't understand it as when we started the car after the engine change it idled beautifully.

I have checked all breathers, plugs, hoses, oil level, water level etc.

Any ideas guys?

Don't want to but if I can't solve it this week I will have to break it to get some money back

Cheers in advance

Smells of oil. It's white smoke. Worried it's a buggered bottom end that I have bought. Just seems weird that it was absolutely fine when we first started it after putting it in.

Can't exactly go back to the guy I bough it from as I bought it 3 weeks ago and he lives 250 miles away.

Not great

• 1 month later...

Hi guys' date='

recently done an engine change on my OBD1 VR. Started up today and runs lumpy as anything :angry:

When the engine is under load it fills the whole street with smoke and on idle the revs are hunting like mad. I really can't understand it as when we started the car after the engine change it idled beautifully.

I have checked all breathers, plugs, hoses, oil level, water level etc.

Any ideas guys?

Don't want to but if I can't solve it this week I will have to break it to get some money back

Cheers in advance

[/quote']

CoilPack or Dizzy?