Number Plate - G308 VRT

Yeah thats what i was thinkin... pretty cool for someone with a VRT :) :)

Hopefully it will sell... how much is it to buy a standard replacement registration off the DVLA as im not up with all this plate swapping...

i think once you go to dvla and get your plate taken off or transferred, they you'l get a new certificate with you original number plate on there which you take to your local number plate supplier to gets them made for you. It costs £105 just to take the plate off or £80 to transfer it.

I think thats the process anyway. can't really remember as its been so long since i did it.

somebody else might know. what plate you planning on running the car on then if you are able to sell it? assuming you are able to sell it then there is no standard replacement. you would have to purchase a personalised plate and put it on which in the end would still cost a fair considering you would have to pay the fees and plus get the plates made.

to be honest, i was thinking i could just get a new plate off the dvla... like just a bog standard any old plate if you know what i mean... but if its going to be hassle i wont worry... just thought if i could do it and earn some money out of it then it may be worth it.. :)

what ya getting? Anything other than a dub on a G wont last much longer so you can the plate just before you scrap the car ;-)

Of course its a DUB... im not mental!! :P

I should be getting it tomorrow so details will be up soon :)

You need to loot at the reg document, that will state if the regestration can be removed. Should say transferable or non transferable. For some reason a lot og origionally assigned reg's can't be removed but you might be lucky. As far as costs go I can ask next week for you if ya like?? I need to go to chelmsford DVLA and get my reg put onto retention AGAIN!!!

Ok no worries.

Number plate fees are all a bit mental - I've just worked out I've spent £650 over the years moving mine about and putting it onto retention lol.

VRT conversion in what tho???........

yeh iv spent loads on dvla fees to. scammers!!

she meant an excuse to get a turbo conversion on to her motor if she can't sell the plate. i think she was joking..well i hope so as turbos are for men only!!! lol.

Ok no worries.

Number plate fees are all a bit mental - I've just worked out I've spent £650 over the years moving mine about and putting it onto retention lol.

VRT conversion in what tho???........

yeh iv spent loads on dvla fees to. scammers!!

she meant an excuse to get a turbo conversion on to her motor if she can't sell the plate. i think she was joking..well i hope so as turbos are for men only!!! lol.

No i meant that the car i am buying that has the VRT plate on will be perfect for a vrt conversion... but its not a vr... :) you'll soon find out what it is!! :)

I am pretty confident that if a car has a plate attached to it from new, you are unable to transfer it to another car. You are however, are allowed to buy a personalised plate and put it on a car, and then transfer or sell that one, but no the original. The prices B4DVr said above are about right. hope this helps!

I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!

As far as VRT's being for men - I wouldn't be so sure! Lol from what I've seen of Nats driving on the road she's more of a nut nut than me (and that's saying something) lol

Shhh dont tell anyone if you do know!!!

And i missed the bit about them being for men... awwww.... thats not true!! There's a lot of nutty women out there who can drive and will make the most of a turbod vr... me being one of them... :) :) :)

and thanks for the glowing character reference Laurence!! ;)

the car your taking the plate off has to be mot'd, its costs 80 quid to stick it on retention , but that only last for 2 years.. plate transfer fee is around 110 quid, and if your taking it off a car they will reasign you a new plate , tax disc and number plates.. shame its not g450 vrt, or i may have had it :)