I got a Powerflow cat back system for my GTi 8v. I could choose exactly what I wanted it too look and sound like. They can make it as quiet as the standard exhaust if you want. I went for a mild sport sound. The sound was awesome, really deep. I don't know how many bhp the power increased by but I noticed it. The throttle was much more responsive and the car was fast for an 8v.

I would recomend Powerflow and when I have to get a new exhaust for the VR6 it will be a Powerflow.

get reviews of the specific one youre going to though. ive heard more good than bad about powerflow. bad fitment, customer service, poor materials etc. my local one is known to be shocking

where as style dynamix and the place in st albans are top quality

I've been in Golf VRs, a Corrado VR and Pug 205 GTis with Powerflows and I think that they are absolutely appaling. Sorry those with them, they are completely chav. I know you can specify it to your taste, but most people's taste who fit Powerflow seems to be way too loud. They produce massive sound from tickover to about 3,000 rpm and then quieten out, so in the rev range you are in most of the time, you can't speak to the passenger. Sorry fans, I hate them.

I've been in Golf VRs' date=' a Corrado VR and Pug 205 GTis with Powerflows and I think that they are absolutely appaling. Sorry those with them, they are completely chav. I know you can specify it to your taste, but most people's taste who fit Powerflow seems to be way too loud. They produce massive sound from tickover to about 3,000 rpm and then quieten out, so in the rev range you are in most of the time, you can't speak to the passenger. Sorry fans, I hate them.

[/quote']

Yeah me too. My mate used to have a Powerflow on his Corrado G60 and it was way too loud, and not only loud, but boomy to go with it. The kind of drone that gives you a headache and you have to shout at a constant 3000rpm on the motorway to hold a conversation.

Like Sharky, I am a big fan of the American silencers such as Magnaflow and Borla. Both are excellent quality and quiet in operation, whilst still giving you the flow.