I had this job done just a few weeks ago! Bearings were like £17 each, and pads were only about £25 all genuine VW. I got the rear discs done as well at the same time, apparently you may as well as they are all part of the bearing really. Total was about £240 all in, so that sounds like he's a little on the pricey side as you aint getting discs as well...

I've got Brembo's on my Audi A6 which are notorious for warping discs and they stop well. Really cheap at GSF aswell and as a Premium Member you get discount.

Agreed I got the Brembo OEM ones for about £70 the pair and got EBC Ultimax (or black stuff) pads for my standard VR, they were £25 the pair. Seems like good kit for a standard car and good value!

ive got brembo maxi discs on the front with pagid fast road pads think it was about £130 from gsf all in and there rear wheel bearings are £11 quid each and rear discs which are brembo are £25 quid each plus a set of pads. In regards to manual haynes dont do one for the vr6 but ive got a copy of a manual that covers the golf vr6