Hello All, my name is Jon and i will be starting to source parts for my VR6T B4 Coupe quattro project within the next few months, trying to source a motor and loom first off, but not to sure on best options of engines, read a few posts about 12v options would just like to hear peoples thoughts.

First tune will retain stock rods and pistons.

cheers Jon.

Mate well with the VR engine you have 2 options the 2.8 Golf engine or the 2.9 Corrado. Most peeps on here are obviously using the 2.8 golf and I personally don't know of any great advantages of the Corrado engine over the Golf !

Within that you have 2 options with the golf either an obd1 (pre 1995) or obd2 engine of these two the obd2 is the better one to go for because of the uprated component parts. Have a read through http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?139931 and http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?231150 for some great diy turbo projects :)

as ben said two choices obd1 or obd2 and 2.8 golf or 2.9 rado ..... if ur looking for just an engine and loom go for a raddo 2.9 as they are 190 bhp over the 170-80 bhp of the golf and then sorce a obd2 loom fuse board out and engine loom, ecu, throttle body, intake mani, maf, lamda sensor as the obd2 set up is better managment than obd1 that is wot i have done to mine .... that wot i would do .... or the other option is to buy a smacked obd2 golf (rear end) as ull have all u need ... hope this helps

Have you looked at the 24 valve engines? 2.8, 3.2 and 3.6s.

280-290 hp with a standard R32 running Emerald or a 280-290hp 12v running 8 psi with either a turbo or supercharger. I know which one I would go for everytime.

If you work out the costs involved going the turbo route properly to get the reliability its a no brainer.

apparantly the 2.8l 24v is a little stronger than the 3.2l for silly hp

as for rods iv got the 3.2l running 390 ish lb ft and thats supposed to be fine i also ran the 12v 2.8l at 275 lb ft on a completely stock 100k miles engine and nothing broke lol (i think the rings have gone now its somewhere around 120k i think)

imho the 2.8l obd2 lump is the best 12v motor the 2.9l has slightly thin walls and is slightly more prone to wear