servicing part prices....

my cars been running a bit rough recently, tbh i havent got the money to just go all out and do a massive service on it.....so doing it bit by bit! started by cleaning out the cone air filter and re oiling it all with the proper stuff, then cleaned the idle valve, cam sensor and airflow sensor....its had an oil filter or 2, the oil gets done regularly cos its 'free' from work (if they dnt see ya lol) and ive had to weld up the sump a couple of times :S

had a lovely day off, she'd gone out with a friend so had check over it, noticed one of the wires to the airflow sensor is exposed! also the coil pack has cracked

coilpack.jpg

my liquid metal stuff has gone hard so i just put a bit of silicon over it, but still bad lol.

im not a mechanic but i do work at a garage so i rang TPS who are normally very good but is this wot to expect or can it be done cheaper, cos i cant afford it!

plugs £5.24

leads £81

coilpack £134

any other places/parts u can recomend? even aftermarket/upgrades

I just read this thread mate, looks like a really good product/idea! Did anybody implement this to good effect? The only thing I would be wary of is the whole re-terminating of the HT Leads thing, I could see myself ruining a perfectly good set of HT leads there!

like somebody said, it would cheaper in the long run and it makes the VR run a lot better and more efficiently which can only be a good thing!

ive just had a full read through that msd upgrade and unfortunately they dont seem to last.

I am still looking into a reliable coilpack solution though. The MSDs didn't work out. They seem to fail quite quickly if run from a 3rd party amplifier.

read through 15 pages and up to page 14 they were brilliant! then they started breaking down to quick, shame cos it seems like a really good idea and alot of work went into it! standard coil it is then....

I've just 'repaired' my coil pack. I had a crack where yours in, as well as a couple on the other side. I took it off, cleaned it, dried it, and covered it in 'JB Weld' 2-part epoxy. Looks crap, but seems to have sorted the arcing / poor running.

I also had the exposed wire on the MAF, made a massive difference when I sorted it out.

yea id had my epoxy stuff but its gone hard :( wait till im back at work and find some more lol silicon aint worked at all.

P041209_13230001.jpg

how did u sort that? its so close to the actual connecter block im not sure how to do it properly....