Fitting a thermostat

best to get the coil pack off as it gives you a bit more room to play with, take all the pipes off and unplug the wires. take out the 3 bolts that hold the housing on to the engine, carefully as you don't want to round the bolts like i did, if you do take the battery out as you will need the space for a drill and drill out the rest, its prob stuck not in the engine but on the thermstat housing, take the housing apart and fit the new thermostat the re-assemble.

or take it to the garage if its a cheap enought job

its not that hard, though there is a high possibility of rounded bolts (thats what happened when i did mine - had to break the housing off with crowbar (a smaller instrument would have been fine, but not as much fun! hehe) then angle grind the top off the bolt, then the rest remains undid with a monkey wrench.

its pretty self explanatory to remove it, emove hoses from housing, undo allen bolts (3 of them, one is kind of hidden), remove housing.

oh, you may wanna drain the coolant first (theres a drain plug on the bottom of the plastic tube that runs along front of engine, near oil filter housing).

like most car realated stuff its simple if everything goes to plan.