ive just orderd some rather nice konig e-racer black alloys .when they were deliverd i struggled 2 get them 2 fit properly the holes dont line up 100% . 2 get the whells to run strait is a near impsossibility , hte tyre place managed it but i cant.can any1 please help me im at my wits end ,the spacers they sent me werent big enough so i bought some thicker ones but used the same bolts [i think theyre a touch 2 short

its only ever so slight but its enough to make them a nightmare .it seems that they dont actualy fit snugly to the hub. i orderderd them form a company called wheel base [in middle of max power]i asked them for some wheels FOR my corrado ! surly its up to them to know what wheel fits wictch car

now they say theryre used and they wont have them back mean while i was driving down the road and nearly all the bolts come out!!! imadgine if id been doin over a 100 ![not good]

&| &| Doh???you replied before I had a chance to finish typing that........are you sure you have the right length wheel bolts...I had to take off the rh wheel bolts on my wheels as they were to long....the wheel would do up but I got a vibration when driving......changed them for shorter ones and it went away!

[ Edited Mon Dec 06 2004, 11:04PM ]

5x100, means there are 5 bolts, and if you imagine a circle going through the middle of them, the diameter of that circle is 100mm. It's usually detailed somewhere on the back of the wheel.

I think your first mistake may have been using a company listed in Max Power! But still, they should be capable of selling the correct wheels. If the wheels are wrong, then it doesn't matter if you have fitted them, they are required by law to sort out the situation.

the thing is ive marked them trying in vain to get them to fit

This does make it a little more difficult, but still it does appear they have sold you the wrong product. I'm no expert on such matters, but you must have a case against them. Any trading standards experts on here??

get the wheels off right now...they're obviously not right and its an accident waiting to happen.

then do a google search for trading standards, shouod bring up some info. i'm pretty sure as the product they've sold you is incorret they have to refund you.

Don't some of the other cars in the VAG range have 5 x 112 filaments, such as the Passat?

Just wondering if this is the mistake? - although I wouldn't have thought you would be able to get more than 2 bolts in as they would be quite a way out.

You're on sticky ground for the return seeing as you have damaged them - yes you can quote about not being "fit for purpose" you can use this when an item is basically crap or if it is the wrong part, which sounds to be the case here. But that doen't allow you to damage them by trying your best to make it fit. If you had just held the wheels up to the car, spotted that they didn't fit, rung the supplier saying they were wrong you would have had no problems.

Best thing you can do is ring them - go over the problem of them not fitting, see if you can spot what is wrong and then discus the return/exchange.

Depending on the level of damage you will probably have to cover some of the cost.

best of luck!