could i have some guidance please, im taking my engine out to do the timing and other various bits and bobs, ive never took it out on its own before tho, do you have to undo any clips surrounding the clutch area? or will it just seperate when i undo the ring of bolts on the gearbox/engine? cheers

i think its easier to take the whole lot out together then seperate gearbox from engine . Alot easier if you dont have aircon just take the front off the car disconnect gear linkage cables and wiring harness and stering rack then drop the subframe with engine and box still attached to it

take the engine and box out as a whole and then seperat the box from the engine .... dont need to take the subframe out .... drain the coolant, remove the drive shafts from the box, disconnect the down pipe, discontect any wiring and pipes that need removing ie coolant pipes and engine multi plug, knock sensor and o2 sensor, take the front end of the car off and undo the engine mounts and lift the engine out that way ....

• 2 weeks later...

rite ive had the engine to bits and found something has broke up and gone round the engine scortching everything so i have decided that if someone has some inerest in it i would part with the car for price, it still jhad 11months m.o.t. and 5 months tax, just needs a new engine dropping in it, i dont have the time or money to do it :(