[moved] fuel pump change now wont start ????

hi all ,i did a oil change everything went fine ,also did the fuel filter as well put everything back together tryed to start the car it started the first time but was sluggish then cut out,thought this was due to fuel filter not been fuelled up ,tryed to start it again but now all i get is a loudish clunk the a quiet click from the engine bay any idears?? had the started motor replaced about 2 months ago it was a simler sound when that went its a mk3 vr6 ob2 if that helps

I'd been driving for 3 hours once, pulled up, turned car off, and it didnt start again! had to call out breakdown due to having a flat battery, lights came on the dash, but not enough to turn the engine over and that was in my 07 plate punto!

a battery needs some hooof to turn over that VR engine :) doesnt take a minute to check the battery - given you said the engine doesnt turn over, that would be the first place I'd start :)

yeah will do mate but at the moment not looking good so to be on the safe side will leave it this weekend dont want to mess you about know your busy,still want the stuff of you though ,will be in touch when i know more mate cars still in the garage by the way

right changed starter motor but still getting the clicking ,car will bump start ok, changed battery for one i know works fine,even tried my one in another car that worked fine,so i know its not the battery,i have noticed though this plug has a wire hanging out its located low down in the engine bay on the left hand side dont know if its got any effect on my problem but loose wires cannot be good

1255264883_9659_FT317817_img_2018_.jpg

1255264883_9659_FT317817_img_2019_.jpg

with your multimeter. Positive to battery positive and neg to your earth points. its the earth cable your testing so make sure to contact the cable at these points. Battery, bulk head/strut tower, and gearbox are your points for battery neg lead. if you have a voltage drop, clean the contacts up.

didnt think so on the top picture its the wire that is sticking straight up the isnt connected on the bottompicture its the 2nd wire from the bottom it looks white in the pic but is yellow it seems to sealed at either of the plug,is it a case of buying a new plug and connecting it up ?

with your multimeter. Positive to battery positive and neg to your earth points. its the earth cable your testing so make sure to contact the cable at these points. Battery' date=' bulk head/strut tower, and gearbox are your points for battery neg lead. if you have a voltage drop, clean the contacts up.

[/quote']

will have a go at that tommoro as to dark now hopefully it will sort it out