Tempted to buy a hot tuning exhaust manifold

Keep looking on ebay for a inlet manifold so I can start prepping it into looking right on my car and keep seeing the ss exhaust manifolds. Might have to get one when i get paid, so where would I be able to get the wrap from as i wont be able to afford ceramic coating

I ordered a roll of this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEAT-TREATED-EXHAUST-WRAP-50MM-X-10M-LONG-SST_W0QQitemZ300344768598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45edf17856&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262 and according to Sparkz it is decent stuff. I should probably have ordered the 30m roll as he reckons 10m isn't quite enough if you wrap it properly. I had to get extra metal ties and got these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140341103562&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT.

I went for a Hottuning 6 branch (formerly Raceland) from Strictly Dubs

Wrapping is worth it. The more injsulation you get on the mani, the better the exhaust gasses are pulled through the system with added help from the heat that is insulated.... keeping temps down in the bay.

Sounds daft, but it's true........trust me, I'm a motorsport mechanic college graduate :P

£169 free p&p on the bay or best offer

You should get it for £160 delivered which is about what we paid but we ordered 2 so got a bit of a discount

A couple of pics of the wrap

020920091906.jpg

030920091908.jpg

Individually wrapped as above is most effective but needs a little more wrap. I personally think it is a good idea to wrap it.

Wrapping is worth it. The more injsulation you get on the mani' date=' the better the exhaust gasses are pulled through the system with added help from the heat that is insulated.... keeping temps down in the bay.

Sounds daft, but it's true........trust me, I'm a motorsport mechanic college graduate :P

[/quote']

I couldn't agree with you more although I'm a mere City and Guilds motor vehicle technology college graduate. Well I passed my level 3 ;)

Wrapping is worth it. The more injsulation you get on the mani' date=' the better the exhaust gasses are pulled through the system with added help from the heat that is insulated.... keeping temps down in the bay.

[/quote']

I couldn't agree with you more mate. Mind you, I'm a mere City and Guilds motor vehicle technology college graduate. Well I passed my level 3 ;)

Same thing, different title :)

Is the wrap really that expensive??

The 30 metre roll which is about £25 will do 2 manifolds so you can always sell the excess on. That was one of the cheaper ones i looked at on the Bay. Loads of different types.

Tip for wrapping:

Soak the wrap in water before wrapping the manifold as it makes it easier to handle and as it dries, it holds the shape of the manifold. Also use latex gloves or marigolds as it can cause major skin irritations.

sorry to but in guys, anyone know if the 6 branch manis in general work with PU engine mounts as opposed to metal mounts ? Considering the said hot tuning 6 branch miself but dont want metal engine mounts if I can get away with it. Cheers in advance :)

VR - Itchy, If you mean performance upgraded mounts such as VF or Vibra Tech then yes they would be fine.

I've got a VF front mount and new standard gearbox and rear engine mounts on mine. There is little or no engine movement and the standard rear mounts reduce the harshness and vibration that would be felt from having solid/uprated mounts all round. I've driven a MK3 with solid/uprated mounts all round and it's not for me although I'm not sure what make they were.

VR - Itchy' date=' If you mean performance upgraded mounts such as VF or Vibra Tech then yes they would be fine.

I've got a VF front mount and new standard gearbox and rear engine mounts on mine. There is little or no engine movement and the standard rear mounts reduce the harshness and vibration that would be felt from having solid/uprated mounts all round. I've driven a MK3 with solid/uprated mounts all round and it's not for me although I'm not sure what make they were.

[/quote']

Thanks for that, guess I'll go with your set up seeing as you have first hand experience :) solid front, standard rear it is then.. Think I'm gonna get it ceramic coated though, not exactly cheap but effective from what I read...

Coilovers are fine there on my mk5 so aint had them long so time will only tell if they last the test of time... Also i didnt feel the back went as low as i wanted and they did everythin they could and in the end offered me a partial discount, so i think there worth considering but i think we all know the quality might not be same??