My Mystic Blue Corrado, Getting Shiny & now New Lights

Hi all, I thought I would put a bit of a build thread up about my Rado.

This is how I picked up the car-

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Time and money (lack of) have prevented me from doing very much at all to this car, so really I've just started to clean things up.

Having a go at the roof lining- (using a cheap Tesco Foam Upholstery Cleaner, under £2 great stuff).

IMG_1660.jpg

Next up is a go with Leather Cleaner and Conditioner stuff-

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

The front seats are from an Audi S3, heated and electric. Electric is working but the heating has no loom in. This will be a future job for me. If anyone has one laying around going spare then I could take it off your hands, Ha ha!

The pics of the front seats show them to be a completely colour but this is just the flash of the camera. All is black inside the car.

I have never been mechcnically minded but wanted to be able to look after my Corrado, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can, my brother and I are investigating a very small water leak on the front of the engine here-

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

I'll put a few more details up soon, just wanted to you guys something to have a look at. Hopefully there will be a bit of feedback. Cheers for now all.

We identified it to be the O ring between the plastic water housing (can't think of the proper name) and the crack pipe. It was/is weeping from underneath the joint. Think you can see the wet staining in the engine pic. Hopefully won't be a bad job to do. I'll buy all new gaskets and seals for that area just in case.

As a temporary measure "O" rings reform if you heat them up in a cup of boiling water. Might buy you a little time until you get it replaced.

I could just drive hard enough to get the coolant up to near boiling point and that would do the job for me! Ha ha. Seriously when I strip the front of the car, all the perishables in that area might as well get replaced at the same time.

Or could just leave all maintenance jobs until the engine dies and I get an excuse for an R32 install! Shouldn't joke about it really, cus with my luck that would happen and I couldn't afford a new shiny engine!

Thought I would bring you all up to date with things now.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been messing around with cleaning up the Inlet Manifold. Been very slow going and and there is a long way to go!

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Now the bit I'm most pleased about. My mate does some machine polishing in his spare time. He bought some new cutting compound, wax stuff and polish. This is the result of his 4 and a half hours grafting!

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Been lucky recently in buying some In-pro headlights secondhand, the chrome versions. They came with the HID bulbs as well, result. Not been overly keen on them in the past but for the price, I couldn't say no. Plus I need to be able to see at night, so these fit the bill.

Very easy to fit including the ballasts for the bulbs. I have a pair of smoked headlight protectors, so have fitted those as well to take away the glitzy look of chromed lights. I think this works a treat and gives a bit more of an individual look.

I only thought to take a pic after dark so apologies for crap pics.

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

Next on the list are a pair of nice undamaged fog lights, anyone have a pair just laying around????

The headlights wouldn't be my first choice for a raddo but they're still cool' date=' looks different and more individual :)

[/quote']

That was my thought, they are growing on me now. Glad I've got the smoked covers, tone them down a bit.