Best Air Intake?

Hey all!!

I got hold of a nice sealed air intake, a K&N one! Fitted it last night and omg I lurve the noise! Almost sounds like a scooby to me hahahaa.

But I want bigger and more noise... but I'm not gunna pay nearly £200 for a CDA one for just a bit of carbon on it... Just a mahoosive sealed one. Anyone have any ideas? Links? Prices?

I'll go and get a dump valve next haha, I'm such a chav!! >.<

wel your standard air box is already a sealed unit, so if you were to remove it, cut a "O" shape whole in it, get your self some cold air feed (normaly about 10-15 quid) and run it to the whole from the front of your car you would basicly make your own sort of viper kit. over choise tho i would just get yourself a bmc cda

yeh its not the best thing to do but i know of friends that have done it in the past, there are other viper kits available ( have a look on ebay) but your sill going to be looking at 70quid up, keep and eye on the for sale section, someone is always selling a BMC, a sealed unit will probly be less noisy then a open cone filter, as it is the sucking that makes the noise, so if its just noise your after id probly stick with some sort of cone filter

well if you get a sealed unit (like the bmc kit) your going to be getting cold air wich is better for combustion, were as with your open cone filter you likely to get heat soak from your engine, thers alot of augments and theory’s on what better, at the end of the day its up to you, the gains of a sealed unit arnt going to me noticeable in my opinion, what ever you fancy, personally i would just stick with the O.E airbox!

have a look through this it may help

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?94078

Well if it is the noise you are looking for, i would say stick to the open cone filters and run a cold air feed to it. I got a large generic one at a show a few years ago and it has done the rounds though all the cars i have had since and it always sounds great, more so now with the v6:) I know people like brand name stuff, but if it doesn’t bother you look for a good quality generic one it will save you some cash and normally sounds just as good.

Whats wrong with standard air box and after market panel filter?

yeh thats what i run and in my opinion its the best!

its not 6 exhausts its just divided the branches of the manifold into 6 individual pipes rather then the normal set up, if your car came with a cat you will need one for MOT, there was a discussion on it a little while ago, the de-cat pipe is a section of pipe that replaces your cat, so for MOT you would have to put your cat back in, so it will make a part of your exhaust strait through, again the power gains arnt amazing but it does sound nice

I suppose it all comes down to what you want, if you want something that’s going sound really nice and have a bit of a cheeky power gain with it, id keep an eye on the forsale section of this forum, get yourself a second hand BMC and buy yourself a decent s/s exhaust system.

Personally ive gone with a BMC panel filter, drilled some holes in the bottom of my airbox and run a cold feed pipe down to my front bumper... works great for me... and cost about 50 quid instead of 200 for the CDA.... happy days!! :) :)