How difficult is it to vr a mk1?

lol, as soon as i saw the title after deleting your car for sale thread i thought, 'that'll be amazak making plans for the cabby'

sorry I can't give any help. other than saying good luck. these mk3 cabby r6s are just so common these days ;-)

Check out www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk - mk1 golf oc

Do a search for user 'paul_c' has he's putting a V6 into his MK1. I think from memory it's a 24 valver but take a look. Do a general search as I think a few have attempted

Keep us posted on your progress :)

Guest Nero1701

lol' date=' as soon as i saw the title after deleting your car for sale thread i thought, 'that'll be amazak making plans for the cabby'

sorry I can't give any help. other than saying good luck. these mk3 cabby r6s are just so common these days ;-)

[/quote']

oi !!!!

Less of that

its a hard conversion. lots of welding for engine mounts.. shortening of drive shafts ect.

Not a bolt in diy job like a VR or 1.8t into a mk2

Ouch' date=' that may be a problem as the car would need to be on the road by end of August as she will be doing the school run, think I made a mistake of not doing my research before buying her. Anyways here are some pics although I am a bit sad :( .... body work needs tlc as there are a few dents and scrathes.

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/amazak786/IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

lol' date=' as soon as i saw the title after deleting your car for sale thread i thought, 'that'll be amazak making plans for the cabby'

[/quote']

oi !!!!

Less of that

yeah nige less of that .....

any thing can be done ita all about time and skill level .... the only thing i would say it the chassis mite need quite a bit if strenthing as its prob not that strong in relation to the vr chassis

Time 6 weeks, skill level zero lol, was going to ask a friend to help and do 99.9% of the work :( . I have to think about this ine very carefully.

Not too sure about this anymore, car will be up for sale shortly and go down a different route. I have to admit it is good fun though been driving it all day today, clutch and steering are hard like rock lol.