Hey guys, So what my problem is that while im driving occasionly ( doesnt happen very often ) when i go from 2nd or 3rd into neutral, After about a second or two in being in neutral my rpms will drop to about 4 or 500 then jump back up to normal idle. I was looking into this problem someone mentioned that it could be my IAC. I dont know if this is true but any info would help. I drive a 93' obd1 vr6.

Guys, can I suggest that you look on the Corrado Forum?

http://the-corrado.net/forum/index.php

They are all OBD1 and this seems to be a really common issue with Corrados. My son has a VR Corrado, so I've used the Corrado Forum extensively. My son's car was like that when we bought it in March. It still hunts when you start it - his problem is apparently caused by the fuel pump not pressurising the fuel injection quickly enough - it is not too bad so we've left it for now. BUT there are numerous other causes. The Corrado Forum is very well laid out and full of great info, plus loads of posters who really understand OBD1 type cars.

i had a simular prob, when you start her up she will rev to like 3000/4000 revs then drop to zero and cut out, then after a while it would be fine, then out of no where a month or 2 later it would happen again... some one told me when it happens again check your oil level as his vr does that when the oil is alittle low and he heard it is some kind of saftey thing.. i check it and yeah low oil topped it up and allwas fine.. untill i did an oil change a didn't tighten the sump plug enough and had a slight oil leak from it and went low agin and did the same rev cut out check oil and bingo all is fine now , tighten plug. and constantly check oil now.lol.... and all is fine had no problems...

yeah i know im an idot ha ha ..

may be simular to your prob may not though worth mentioning as i dont know for definst that there is such a thing on a vr6 e.g oil safty thing???

hope this makes sence

My oil level is good and it still continues to do it. I was told from my buddy Mike down at Eurospeed and he said to take a look at the idle air control. I know on the obd2 its right next to the throttle body, but is it the same on the obd1?

i have a slight problem (only slight) with my obd1 vr (k reg). the other day it cut out in a traffic jam, the problem is that when you are going along slowly (eg traffic jam) then dip the clutch to stop, the revs will sometimes drop momentarily to below 300 rpm (sometimes) and im guessing it was enough to stall it. like i say only happened once but the revs regualary drop low in jams. normal idle is low anyway on mine, bout 600 rpm.

i had an idea maybe a dirty throttle body?