For all your insurance worries!!!

Guest couzens

Guest couzens

Well here goes a worthless piece of information, but for all of us youngsters who wonder why their insurance is so high on cars like ours, its because of the year 1987, when apparantly motor insurance premiums went through the roof. Why? Cos this was the year that joyriding in Britain was at its highest - remember all those news pictures of youths in massive groups watching cars doing donuts - normally in stolen cars. And the car that was nicked the most? Well that was the boy's in blue favourite; the white Ford Serria Cosworth, thrumping out 200 brake with that chunky spoiler on the back. Not a fan myself but I would take note if I saw one today.

So a worthless bit of info, but we have evryone to thank who was driving back then and nicking cars for the silly prices we have to pay today on insurance :)

Insurance is a pain for us young drivers (and no doubt always will be), but it's also the huge amount of no win no fee litigation going on these days which drives our premiums up! Plus us lot with highlines have group 17 not 16 like the rest of you Golf VR6 drivers!

lol, insurance is a weird one, almost as bad as how airline tickets are priced! But I can't complain at my last insurance premium at all, over half the price of what direct line were charging me, so it was still cheaper to cancel the direct line policy 4 months in (with 1 month extra cancellation charge) and change to elephant. !amazed But Pete, 2.5K! that's like buying another half a VR6 every year lol!! Still show's you must really love your car :D

Personally I think the most to blame for high insurance is muppets who drive around with no insurance whatsoever...! They REALLY get my goat up!

I sold a Scirocco to a guy about 6 months ago, he got 6 speeding tickets and 5 parking tickets within three months, wasn't insured at all. Finally dumped the car in Nottingham, having not bothered to register it in his name. I even had the old bill around my house asking me why I had been getting so many tickets...

Insurance is a sh1t for us old people as well ;-):-( I think back along when there was all those probs with car crime it was vitually imposible for genuine owners of those cars to get them insured all because of some cheap ass piece of scum car thief who wanted a ten minute buzz in someones pride and joy. God it make me MAD MAD MAD!!!!!!!

Pete, you pay just short in insurance terms to what I paid for my CAR! :-)

What does not help with uninsured drivers is the lack of interest in prosecuting them. Thats why its on the rise. Even if they do, its a minimal fine a few points and back driving still uninsured! Grrrrrr!

Pete' date=' you pay just short in insurance terms to what I paid for my CAR! :-)

What does not help with uninsured drivers is the lack of interest in prosecuting them. Thats why its on the rise. Even if they do, its a minimal fine a few points and back driving still uninsured! Grrrrrr! [/quote']

Agreed there, its something that really gets my back up and it is something that needs addressing more than speed issues.

BTW Anybody hear anything more about the motion to increase the speed limit last week?

VR6Si,

Just being nosey really! Looks like Stacey Carter is selling your car for you in the 'Cars Wanted' section. Well its your photo attached anyway! Take a look at the 'Cars Wanted' section.

golfvr6011evensmaller.jpg

[ golfvr6011evensmaller.jpg ]

[ Edited Mon Feb 16 2004, 08:04AM ]

[ Edited Mon Feb 16 2004, 08:04AM ]

[ Edited Mon Feb 16 2004, 08:10AM ]