I have a '93 VR6 (which I believe makes it OBD1), with an intermitant ABS problem.

The ABS Light is mostly on, occasionally goes out. So far all the wheel sensors have been changed, and the pick-up basket thingies replaced. The resistance of the sensors and wiring reads correctly back at the brain as well as at the sensor at a time when the ABS light is showing a fault. From this I believe the wheel sensors are all ok. I have changed the ABS relay, so I am now looking at more expensive elements of the system.

I assume that being OBD1 there will be no ABS related fault codes to be extracted anywhere?

So, I am thinking the next item to look at is the ABS Pump/Modulator. Looking at the Bently manual it is not easy to identify the pump type - I assume this is as the Bentley manual is written for a left-hand drive car. Does any-one know what types of pump where fitted to the RH drive cars?

I am hoping with this information I can determine if it is possible to some-how hotwire the pump/modulator to prove it's function or otherwise - any-one any ideas on how to do this?

Any other ideas of anything else to look at?

TIA,

Claire.

the OBD1 does reveal ABS codes. Or at least should. It does seem common that 'too many comms errors' are detected. Which is my current problem :-(

I got this from the corrado forum

Go to hardware - device manager, ports (com + lpt) and properties of communications port (usb) usually com4 (or whichever com port it uses) and in the advanced settings turn down the "latency timer" to 5

Obviously if it doesnt work its not my fault and if it does i'll gladly take the credit......... :-p

I have a '93 VR6 (which I believe makes it OBD1)' date=' with an intermitant ABS problem.

The ABS Light is mostly on, occasionally goes out. So far all the wheel sensors have been changed, and the pick-up basket thingies replaced. The resistance of the sensors and wiring reads correctly back at the brain as well as at the sensor at a time when the ABS light is showing a fault. From this I believe the wheel sensors are all ok. I have changed the ABS relay, so I am now looking at more expensive elements of the system.

I assume that being OBD1 there will be no ABS related fault codes to be extracted anywhere?

So, I am thinking the next item to look at is the ABS Pump/Modulator. Looking at the Bently manual it is not easy to identify the pump type - I assume this is as the Bentley manual is written for a left-hand drive car. Does any-one know what types of pump where fitted to the RH drive cars?

I am hoping with this information I can determine if it is possible to some-how hotwire the pump/modulator to prove it's function or otherwise - any-one any ideas on how to do this?

Any other ideas of anything else to look at?

TIA,

Claire.

[/quote']

Have you had a look at the abs ecu as ive read somewhere these can get water in them as it is in the passenger side footwell......... 8-)

I got this from the corrado forum

Go to hardware - device manager' date=' ports (com + lpt) and properties of communications port (usb) usually com4 (or whichever com port it uses) and in the advanced settings turn down the "latency timer" to 5

Obviously if it doesnt work its not my fault and if it does i'll gladly take the credit......... :-p

[/quote']

top tip there dale. worked for me.

when do you want meet to diagnose your abs probs?

Pm sent nige.

Have you investigated further vrclaire? Come on dont keep us in suspenders................. :-p

Apparently what you do to diagnose a faulty abs pump is to start your car with your foot on the brake and the pedal should drop down then push up again and then go hard......... :-#

Pm sent nige.

Have you investigated further vrclaire? Come on dont keep us in suspenders................. :-p

Apparently what you do to diagnose a faulty abs pump is to start your car with your foot on the brake and the pedal should drop down then push up again and then go hard......... :-#

Lol..Not yet, but will let you know the outcome I promise!

Dont think its the pump have already tested that one it works ok...Just hope to get it sorted before my MOT...

Claire

Go to hardware - device manager, ports (com + lpt) and properties of communications port (usb) usually com4 (or whichever com port it uses) and in the advanced settings turn down the "latency timer" to 5

Obviously if it doesnt work its not my fault and if it does i'll gladly take the credit

YES this did work Thanks for the advice!.....now I can read the ABS codes, which It came up with 7 Fault codes which we cleared and ABS Light stayed off. But this Morning when I tried it the ABS Light still on. So need to Investigate further.

Claire.

Output at printer ol VAG 1551 Possible cause ol malfunction Correction

Blink code: 1223 Differential Lock Valve 1 -N125 Faulty wiring, wiring connection or valve coil. - Test wiring, wiring connections and valve coil: => Test step 1) 26 and 40

Blink code: 1224 Differential Lock Valve 2 -N126 Faulty wiring, wiring connection or valve coil. - Test wiring, wiring connections and valve coll: => Test step 1) 27 ...41

This is what error came up N125 Differential lock valve 1, Anyone know what this means or where located?

claire.

• 2 weeks later...

OK... So VAG-com is throwing up just the one fault - Differential Lock Valve - I believe this is related to EDL, which I also believe was only fitted to '96 onwards cars... So, does this suggest I have the incorrect ABS Brain fitted?

Could some-one with an early car (or later for that matter for comparison) let me know what the part number on their ABS brain is - the one under the rear seat. VAG-com will also display it.

For reference, on my car it is 1H0 907 379 E.

I am currently thinking it is throwing up an error because it is looking for a system it doesn't have - i.e., EDL, which I think works with a Teves 20 rather than Teves 04 ABS pump.

Thanks,

Claire.

Guest The Butcher of Billing

Obd2's dont have a brain under the seat....its on the bottom of the pump?

Ok thanks...does anyone else have an OBD1 that they could give me there ABS ecu Numbers?

i'll have a look at mine this afternoon for ya