my vr6 usually runs at 90 degrees but over the past 3 days it has been nearly 110 degrees, i was putting it down to the heat we have been having nut i just been out in it now and it is doing the same, and it is now a lot colder out there. the temp never gets higher than that but im just wondering if any of you knows why all of a sudden it has started to do it?

Have you checked your oil? Level, and when was the last time it had a service? There is a water/oil cooler infront of the engine that transfers heat between the 2, if your oil is old it may be getting hotter, and transfering the extra heat to your water.

Have you checked what temperature the fans are actually coming on? I had a similar hot running problem with mine and i noticed the fans were coming on later than usual it turned out it was the fan motor that was faulty, it is a 2 stage fan and on mine the 1st stage packed up so it was coming on late when it had reached the higher temperature for stage 2. I replaced the fan and problem solved. Its quite easy to check the motor you just need 2 bits of wire and battery