I'm running standard 280mm vented brakes on my 95 vr6 Golf, but I had a bit of a play with an A3 and By the time we had to stop I noticed my brakes (ci) like hell. I want to take my car to the ring next year, but I know with the standards brakes, I'll either die or trash my car ;(

Just wondering what I can do to uprate the brakes as am on a budget. Have thought of maybe going to 288mm brakes from the obd2's or even 312mm from the v6/octavia vrs? Any other ideas I've missed or may do better for me would be appreciated :)

circuit racing is different to traffic lioght grand prix's. it all depends how much money you have to spend. for 312mm discs you need 16 inch wheels. nigel does the ring on 280's its more down to the type of disc you are using obviously bigger discs will help but make sure you can afford decent discs and pads

I know what you mean about the ring, went 2007 and 2008 with a mates car. Think its time I took my own lol Just not keen on the breaks fading like they did the other day!

Cheers thou guys, think I'm gonna uprate the discs and pads atm, less messing around and prob as good as going to OE 288's! :)