fighing torque august 19th

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just cant say how completley gutted i am that i couldn`t do this one,was gonna be so in my favour to run a mile instead of 1/4. had the 1.06 housing to do top speed run,allready run 170 mph, so would loved a crack at the expensive cars. but my piston rings quit,and also absoluteley no clutch left at all. will be running again in a few weeks with no extra problems. (touch wood) but it seems like the year has passed and the big one for me didnt happen, bottom lip well and trully out. seen my engine out of the car more than in. but 3 gearboxes,two turbo`s and two clutches,lsd and £700 in tyres later,i am still hooked, why ?? i am not certain, my last near standard vr was serviced regularly and had petrol put in it, that was the cost of running it. now its broke the 10k mark it has to be something special to keep me interested. well,forget the m6,the yammy r1 the skyline gtr, the day i pulled away from a black ferrari 430 was that something special, i will never forget the thumbs up i got from him. still grin about it now. next year will be my best chance of 12`s as the engine will be strong with a new clutch, and gone back to standard callipers to allow fo 15`s and 888`s or poss slicks. soz to go off thread a bit, well done jim,just wish i could have been with you on the day.