Hi i just got my golf vr6 highline yesturday i knew the driver side window didn t work but i thought i could find the problem but its taken me hours to get the card off lol, basicly when i npress the button for the window to go down it makes a clicking noise inside the door and im woundering whats making it do this ??? can anyone put some light on to the subject thanks steve !!

Mines the same mate, still need to fit a new motor and regulator. if its clicking when you press it but you can't hear the motor running then it might need a new window motor. Other issue is the regulator (its a criss-crossed cable, runs in the door between the two runners and the motor). the cable had rusted and snapped on mine :(

Open your door and look where the hinges are. Its a rubber tube that runs from the door to the side of your dash. Just pull the rubber thing away, and all the wires are there running through it. Its the big brown one. Just check to see if it has snapped from opening and closing your door

Open your door and look where the hinges are. Its a rubber tube that runs from the door to the side of your dash. Just pull the rubber thing away' date=' and all the wires are there running through it. Its the big brown one. Just check to see if it has snapped from opening and closing your door

[/quote']

yer ok kool i get where you mean i will look at that first as easy job !! thanks Mackenzie but if it is motor anyway of testing to see if it can be fixed as the geezer who owned it before said he has had all the motors replaced!!

well what i ve done is have a look at the brown wire seems to be fine ! there was a red and yellow one which was cut abit going to take motor and etc out to give it a test and if it works when out what could it be ?? lol calico if i don t get fixed you can have a look if you want i just want the sodding window working lmao plus if you know anyone who body and painting let me know !!