hi all,

looking for some advice with regards to the torque results i got today up at extreme motorsport.

running a decat exhaust and pipercross viper with CAF my vr6 golf made 184.6bhp with only 160lbs.ft of torque?????

in standard trim the vr6 golfs are 174bhp with 174lbs.ft of torque.

is there any reason for this drop off in torque???

my mate who was running the same mods made 192bhp with 192lbs.ft of torque.

only difference is he had a bmc and i have a pipercross

any advice would be a great help

cheers

it could be alot of things bud,

age and milage on the engine, he may just have a stronger engine, I would compression test the engine just to be sure, he also may have a chip in the ecu? or a set of high lift cams? internal engine modifications can also crop up from time to time

my golf made this bhp same as urs with 158k miles on the clock putting it down to high milage on the engine everything wears away like valve seals and piston seals. so torque will go down. but i did read a while ago that if you increase horsepower expect torque to go down a little bit.

Thanks for the replies, all opinions taken onboard.

his vr6 was standard internally. it was a couple of months after the rr day he then got schrick 264s fitted.

then it got even faster but he never got it back onto the rollers before he sold it

my mate said it might be to do with the fact that the pipercross viper is for a clio 182 and might be restricting it slightly.

he said that i should sell the viper, buy a bmc that is for a golf vr6 and get her on the rollers again to see if this makes a difference. if this doesn't make a difference then al just put it down to being a weak engine. once the engine needs a complete overhaul then the transformation can begin :-p

It does actually. All that happens is the ECU turns off Sequential injection, runs a bit richer and retards the ignition. Bosch Motronic was pretty sophisticated even in the early 90s.

It's subtle and a lot of people don't even notice, until they see their power is down 20% on the dyno.

It does actually. All that happens is the ECU turns off Sequential injection' date=' runs a bit richer and retards the ignition. Bosch Motronic was pretty sophisticated even in the early 90s.

It's subtle and a lot of people don't even notice, until they see their power is down 20% on the dyno.

[/quote']

Will that come up on VAG COM?? mine seems a bit low on power and misfires now and again, could be sensor on the verge of packing up?