MK4, Beetle or Corrado interior?

I am thinking of a change of interior well seats anyway! I want a nice corrado one but wondering if its a complete pain to fit the rear bench into MK3? Has any one done this conversion? Another option is a MK4 or a Beetle I think these are probably the same as they share the same chassis.Which will be the easiest?

the mkIV's don't really go in. the fronts need the runners altering (or brackets making), but the rears are slightly too long. if you want a pro finish you'd have to take the fabric and cusion and put it onto a mkIII frame.

not sure about 'rado's, same as mkII so the fronts will need a little fettling. but may be possible.

Rado and golf mk2 are the same and a bitch to put in a mk3 golf, but mkiv will fit in easier i think. Plus if anyone sees a 3dr interior let me know as i have been after a highline or colour concept one for a while now (whole interior inc doorcards etc) cheers ;)

I saw a lovely Colour concept interior for sale once it was Black on the outer & blue in the centres' date=' it would have matched my car a treat but they all seem to be 5 door![/quote']

i was under the impression that all mkIII recaro seats have the tilt mechanism...definately the cloths do...even if fitted as standard on a 5 door car.

mk4 interior is excellent if you can get it to fit please please please write a guide...

i kind of told you how above ;)

[ Edited Fri Nov 12 2004' date= 11:13AM ]

I quite fancy this one at least until I got enough for a leather one. But it will mean messing about with the runners wont it?I wouldnt be able to put a highline interior in to it at a later date?And again its bloody 5 door!!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9889&item=4503579192&rd=1

they're not very nice seats anway, and going by his buy it now price very overpriced...they're only worth £50. the ones with the grey pinstripe centre are much nicer and go for about £100 usually.

the rear legs on the mkIV seats do line up with the mkIII runners, but you need to modify the roller thats on the legs (some people file it down). the front runner needs a bracket fo some type, phil from cgti with a silver vr6 had mkIV fronts in. the rears are a no way, would have to get the cloth and cushion put onto the mkIII base.

[ Edited Mon Nov 15 2004, 06:43PM ]