So whens the potter open day scheduled for..........those who know will know

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking day had, and ive just got in. Well worth the drive, car pulls so much better but does hesitate slightly. Assuming its coz of the flowed head and lower compression.

Cant wait to get it mapped on tuesday now.

As has been said, its always good catching up with old mates, and meeting new people. Calico, Nat and Anna....tho i didnt speak too much as was fascinated by seeing my engines internals.

And how pleased am I that guides look amazingly good so has saved me some money for the time being.

See you all again soon

came up with

Address 01: Engine Labels: 021-906-256.lbl

Part No: 021 906 256

Component: MOTRONIC M3.8.1 HS V04

Coding: 00000

Shop #: WSC 01317

2 Faults Found:

00561 - Mixture Adaptation

13-00 - Adaptation Limit (Mul) Not Reached

00553 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)

28-10 - Short to Plus - Intermittent

I think ive disturbed one of the wires on my MAF. I'll check tomorrow

Hey ppl,

Havent had chance to get online since sat, I had a great day thanks to everyone, esp jim and tony for sorting my car and ben for the cookin!! Good man!!

My shoulders look burnt to a frazzle still, but well worth it!! :) :) :)

Just need to sort my damping out as i feel my insides are going to fall apart if i vibrate any more!!!

We should have another day like that again soon, im sure everyone has enough things to sort out to fill another day!!! :) :) :)

Yeah, well i do need new bushes, but ive just got new vw ones, should i invest in poly ones instead??

Also my mate has it set to the firmest setting as he wanted it that way so im sure i can soften it off a bit. I think if i do that, and get my bushes sorted (as i know mine are worn) then it will prob be a lot better.

I think the drop is at 50mm so if it doesnt improve ill raise it to 40mm i think.

Its a mega improvement on the overall look though!!! :) :) :)

Yeah' date=' well i do need new bushes, but ive just got new vw ones, should i invest in poly ones instead??

[/quote']

you can get these in the bigger size needed for the mk3 rear bushes.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-MK2-GTI-Jetta-Rear-Axle-Insert-Bush_W0QQitemZ370138131876QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item562df3ada4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

made by http://www.prothane.com/

Awww thanks guuuys!!

I think i will try changing the damping and then getting my bushes fitted, once that is done ill give it a week or two to settle in and hope it gets better, i like it exactly where it is and so far ive had one little srub on a big dip in the road at about 55mph so not bad!! I havent attempted a speed bump yet though, so gonna forget that.... might order a new splitter now for my reserves!! haha.