[moved] ABS light randomly started coming on

• 2 weeks later...

right then, now my ABS light is starting to flicker off. However........the brakes now are very dodgy, grinding noise and sort of come on and off.......possible pump problem. Really need help now peeps.......what do i do??

Right then, VAG-COM done, below are the faults, any ideas on how i can clear all these? didnt quite expect all of these to come out of it!!

Address 01: Engine

Controller: 021 906 256

Component: MOTRONIC M3.8.1 HS V02

Coding: 00000

Shop #: WSC 01317

3 Faults Found:

17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer

P1570 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

00522 - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62)

27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

00553 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)

31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

Readiness: N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 03: ABS Brakes

Controller: 3A0 907 379 A

Component: ABS/EDS ITTAE 20 GI V00

Coding: 03604

Shop #: WSC 00000

2 Faults Found:

00283 - Front Left ABS Wheel Speed Sensor (G47)

35-00 - -

00283 - Front Left ABS Wheel Speed Sensor (G47)

16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent

did you try and bleed the brakes mate ? as vag-com has popped it up I would suggest that the sensor it noted 00283 - Front Left ABS Wheel Speed Sensor (G47) is worth replacing - they are able to stand a fair amount of dirt etc and still work - with vag-com the thing to do is always save the codes then run it again to see what "live" problems you have

i'm gonna try and take the sensor out tonight then replace it, any idea on costs for new ones? i'm hoping that fixes the problem then without having to bleed them. we shall see though, knowing my luck i'll need to replace the whole brake system haha.

Any ideas on how i would fix the other problems too, coolant sensor (where is that particular one located) and the MAF sensor, only cleaned that a little while ago. But it does feel like it struggles abit low end sometimes.

thanks