Ok, my mechanic serviced the car around 6 weeks ago, anyways car ran awesome for two weeks then started to missfire, so the coilpack was removed and checked, apparently the coilpack mint according to my mechanic. This weekend the the leads were replaced with fancy Magnecor ones, the car drove fine all Saturday night after the new leads even had a go with a fancy Honda. Then yesterday afternoon the missfire started again. This is now really annoying me, the missfire is very erractic, Car runs fine until heats up then start to miss other times starts to miss from cold. The plugs were replaced with NGK ones BKR5EKUP something something. So could it be a dodgy plug then, what is the best way to test this? Thanks guy's.

it does sound like either the leads or a pac. worth swapping both and seeing if that cures it.. I have had this kinda thing before and basically as everything heats up it can break down/lower the insulation abilities and thus either arc or not provide the correct impeadance /resistance to fire correctly...

This happend to mine an ended up beeing the plug on the coilpack! if the wires sat on the left it misfired an ran like a bag of shit , if the sat to the right it ran fine! ran fine for a few weeks but have started with an intermitant miss fire again and explosions in the induction area± GAY

This happend to mine an ended up beeing the plug on the coilpack! if the wires sat on the left it misfired an ran like a bag of shit ' date=' if the sat to the right it ran fine! ran fine for a few weeks but have started with an intermitant miss fire again and explosions in the induction area± GAY

[/quote']

Did try that, no luck I am convinced it is a dodgy plug. Need to buy a removal tool so I don't damage the leads. Car was perrrfect beefore changing the plugs. I did get them from ebay lol.

Ok spent pretty much 4hrs on MOnday trying to resolve the problem, it turned out to be no 6 lead!! I did replace the leads with used Magnecor ones who would of thought! Well the + side is that I did all the work myself and learnt a hell of alot obviously under the wacthful eye of my friend who is a brilliant mechanic , vrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooommmmmmmmm goes the vr down the road :)

mines been misfiring for months, ive thought to myself now enoughs enough about putting things off with the car im going to sort all my problems with it out, think ive got about 8 things that need doing now, no good putting things off until 'next week' because next week the same gets said lol!

So going to start with my misfiring problem with the help of this thread :D (and wont be using ebay :P)

mines been misfiring for months' date=' ive thought to myself now enoughs enough about putting things off with the car im going to sort all my problems with it out, think ive got about 8 things that need doing now, no good putting things off until 'next week' because next week the same gets said lol!

So going to start with my misfiring problem with the help of this thread :D (and wont be using ebay :P)

[/quote']

Glad to hear that, for me the misfire was so annoying I stopped driving the car. Just some info I learnt, dirty throttle body and maf sensor can cause this as well. I removed the coilpack and siliconed it to death (although there were no cracks) and the obvious cause leads and plugs. Good luck Kie :)

nah throttle body isn't too bad at all mate - four bolts to get it off then have a good look at it and see if there is a lot of black deposits in the butterfly if so then plenty of carb cleaner sprayed in it and left to dry - job done :)

I did remove mine, cleaned whilst on car?