Vr6 overheating + wierd buzzing noise

I've got a obd1 vr which i've only had for a week and is overheating.. The fans kick in but the water temp just keeps rising, does this sound like the thermostat? Also just behind the distributor there's a circular thing that sounds like its got a swarm of bee's inside when you turn the ignition switch to number 2, again, any ideas? Cheers

the vr6's have a secondary electric water pump that runs when the water temp gets over 110 degree's or after the engine is stopped for a period of time, it sounds like there is a general problem with your water system, I would get the main water pump checked out and have a head gasket sniffer test done, after that it's looking at the rad, thermostat and expansion tank as they can split.

Hmm i'm not sure were on about the same thing as it sounds plain wrong and i don't remember my other vr's making the same noise. If you look at the distributor its about 30Cm behind it, its a circular thing with a wire connecter plug stuck in the top of it..

thats the aux water pump, if u can here it buzzing chances are it has no water in it. i temporarily by-passed mine as it was playing up and i forgot to unplug it and it just whirred away. try unplugging it and see if it shuts up. also run the car upto temp then switch it off and feel the pipes and see if the ones after the stat are hot. if not its jammed shut. vr's run hot anyway and in this weather the last thing u need is cooling issue's.