My son is 22 and has just bought a 1994 Corrado VR6. He had a Classic Mini Cooper 1.3i for a couple of years. Researching insurance, we found that the Corrado costs him £500 pa fully comp and that a Golf VR6 would have cost £1,000 pa fully comp. He has 4 years NCB. Given the Corrada is slightly quicker that seemed pretty wierd to us.

Both cars are on standard suspension and I have to say the Corrado handles way, way better than my Golf VR6....and feels a fair bit quicker. But I like my Golf, so I'm not changing!!

It is hard to find a decent Corrado without too many miles that has been looked after. His has 108,000 on it, sound car, good history, cost £2,400.

That's strange. I was looking at quotes for Corrado's and they were coming up way more than the golf's. Considerably more. My friend is 19 - same age as me and has a very smart yellow corrado VR6 that he pays £2k a year on insurance for.

I did say that I was going to get a Corrado as my next toy in a few years, but I hate to admit that Im leaning towards an R32 now.