Right, the other week I decided I wanted to test my driving skills. Im 19 and passed my test in July 2008 and went straight from a 1.4 mk3 to the VR6. As ive said in other posts, my VR6 is standard other than a stainless steel exhaust and an induction kit.

Got the VR on a lovely, empty straight road and got my mate to get the stop watch out. Managed to do it in 7.62 seconds (from neutral).

Im just wondering, is that a crap time? :P

u got a vr straight after passing ur test??? jesus h christ how much is your insurance?

No I had my pride and joy of a 1.4 for a year before passing my test (which is how i built up 1 years NCB) then when I passed my test, I carried on driving the 1.4 for another 6 months. Then I had a GTI for a couple of days but I was still curious about the VR. Sold the GTI and got the beast :D

Insurance is around £130 a month, not fully comp.

OMG' date=' that is alot of cash! You must be seriously rich! As for the 0-60 vr's are pretty poor are'nt they..... sad that for a 2.8.

[/quote']

LOL!! I wish. Ive just always wanted a VR and now im paying for it :D According to some people, £1500 a year isnt too bad for someone my age with a 2.8.

OMG' date=' that is alot of cash! You must be seriously rich! As for the 0-60 vr's are pretty poor are'nt they..... sad that for a 2.8.

[/quote']

LOL!! I wish. Ive just always wanted a VR and now im paying for it :D According to some people, £1500 a year isnt too bad for someone my age with a 2.8.

I pay around £90 for my vr and mk5 gti and still complain lol, although I think we have a 4 year NCB and alot older than 21, however I do still look young as ever lol. £1500....Dam you really must love your vr then.

To put it into context, the book figure on the new scirocco TSI is 7.1, and i think the 32 is 6.5, so she is still holding up. Thing with the V6 is you get a good torque figure, so a 200ps NA 4 pot is pretty similar on acceleration.

I do :) I spend most of my money on my car. Instead of blowing £80 a weekend on booze and getting smashed' date=' I spend about £20 and the rest to save up on bits I want for the VR.

[/quote']

Less drinking more speeding ...... I like that lol. My previous Honda DC2 did 0-60 in 5 secs, only a 1.8 puts the vr to shame really. :o

[/quote']

well i paid 1500 a year for a 1.4 at 20 (my first year) lol

now pay 360 a year on the vr ;) at 27

sounds like a good first few attempts on 0-60 how did you time it?

Honda DC2 in 5 seconds definitley puts my VR to shame!!

I didnt time it properly, I got my friend to use the stopwatch on her phone, made her adjust her seat so she could see the speedo aswell. She counted down from 3, I slammed it into first and went. There was a fair bit of wheelspin aswell which didnt help :D

I didnt time it properly' date=' I got my friend to use the stopwatch on her phone, made her adjust her seat so she could see the speedo aswell. She counted down from 3, I slammed it into first and went. There was a fair bit of wheelspin aswell which didnt help :D

[/quote']

obviously it would be a bit quicker with one person in the car too... 10stone lighter? i dont know how much your friends weighs

I didnt time it properly' date=' I got my friend to use the stopwatch on her phone, made her adjust her seat so she could see the speedo aswell. She counted down from 3, I slammed it into first and went. There was a fair bit of wheelspin aswell which didnt help :D

[/quote']

Yeah to think I sold mine to buy the a vr again, the things we do for our dubs...... lol

Im 22 but i have a trader policy :D was 1500 last year "My 1st year" Now they want 1300 for this year thats third party only BUt i can jump into most things and be legal. ONly 5 cars they dont want me in can only remember a few mr2 turbo scoobi M3 2 others.

Apart from them i can drive anythin under 20k i think :D

I think i just met Miss-VW !.Your car wont last long if you keep driving like that young lady ;) lol

Where did you get that exhaust from ?

Shut up! That was you?! Hahaha.

The exhaust was on it when I got the car in January, its a heap of sh*t though. Keeps getting blows in it, I need to get a new centre box for it as it's re-developed a crack in the welding, and I think one of the brackets has come lose again.

And btw, I challenge you to a re-race as that one clearly wasn't fair. I had 4 people in my car, an extra 35 stone ;) Plus the blow in the exhaust causing air-flow pressure, haha!

I dont normally drive like that. I was just giving it a run. Just put it back on the road and getting ready for summer. You may have been 4 up but you was shifting up that hill. il keep my eyes peeled for a purple blur. lol. Like the wheels btw.