how difficult to convert 2wd to 4wd golf mk3 turbo

after spinning the whole lenght of pods 1/4, (sunday gti fest 13.6 et) and all the way home too, i feel i need to do something about traction. it spins up in 5th at over 120mph. and 1st,2nd,and 3rd are nearly unuseable (ON HIGH BOOST ,OK ON LOW) . how much work is involved in changing to 4wd. is it too costly to do? is buying a syncro or 4motion,then changing engines the way to go? i would rather keep my present car as a lot has gone into it allready . i have dreamt about being able to use all that torque instead of losing traction. please help with opinions on how this can work :)

but if you are running at 26psi and getting no traction but more boost and running it at 17psi and getting traction in most gears then surely you would be faster and put back in your seat more lol? get a pic up golf rabbit not seen your car mate

ps. i did use low boost to launch,then switched in 4h to high, then tried high boost all the way and got a 14.4 (smoking,as jim carey would say) the next run was going to be middle boost (18psi) but after 2 lots of 50 min waits while oil was cleaned from the track, i got really bored of pushing that lump on my own down the fire up lane. and did no more runs. i also appreciate the fact that no fwd had any grip,it wasn`t just me, another 15 degree`s higher track temp would be a whole different story for everyone im sure.

ps. i did use low boost to launch' date='then switched in 4h to high, then tried high boost all the way and got a 14.4 (smoking,as jim carey would say) the next run was going to be middle boost (18psi) but after 2 lots of 50 min waits while oil was cleaned from the track, i got really bored of pushing that lump on my own down the fire up lane. and did no more runs. i also appreciate the fact that no fwd had any grip,it wasn`t just me, another 15 degree`s higher track temp would be a whole different story for everyone im sure.

[/quote']

or them just doin some sort of track prep would have been nice !!!

Im thinking of buying some slicks for the front for times like yesterday, That mk2 thats around 400bhp with fwd has had like 10 second quater mile, only diffrence between mine and that is he has lsd and uses slicks so theoreticly (bad spelling) slicks and lsd nock 3 seconds off the time, i also thought that the catagories where abit crap, no chance of winning anything in category H :(!

The only problem you might have is that synchros will be left hand drive so you might have a problem with you rhd manifold.......plus I think exhaust problems. No doubt Justin(Binliner will be around as he had a awesome synchro that has been turned to turbo power now by its new owner