trying to get a bette MPG on my 98 2.8 vr6 sharan???

I've just bought a nice 2.8 vr6 sharan and was wonder is the a cheap way of getting more MPG ??? as i love the car, but 24 mpg is a but harsh on the old pocket :) , i've seen on ebay some bolt on "chips" for 40 quid but was just wonder if they work or are they a bit of a con??

• 5 months later...

this is not a reason to do this... but if the car is breathing right, mapped right and you drive it right then these things all help..

So induction kit and a QUALITY exhaust will help. If you are all motorways then a slightly larger bore helps. If you are all just around town then look at the number of boxes..

call longlife or the like and have a chat. It is not as expensive as you think......Plus you have the best sounding van.... :D

The remap will help ensuring it is set up correctly etc... but dont forget the simple things like good fluids/sparkz/tyre pressures/ etc etc etc all go a long way on this efficiency drive...

A final thought.... I gettter MPG now i'm charged on a run. BUT, play with the loud stick and i dont....

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...