My New and 1st Vr NEED some advice.

I need a front bumper this week' date='. The only 1 i can find local is a non color coded 1, But the garage says they can sand it down them high sprime it so it will feel the same as a color coded 1, any has the ?

[/quote']

Check ebay and there are Mulberries breaking on here. Save you the cash for a respary?

Hi and welcome mate. Just reading through your thread and thought i would re-iterate, DON'T go back to standard suspension set up, SERIOUSLY! As the others said, could raise it slightly as a compromise, but with stock suspension, you may as well be driving the QE2!

Air filter, I would go with the BMC as it has built-in heat shield. You get an awsome roar when planting your foot, but sounds normal otherwise.

As for your wheels, i like 'em mate. But the standard BBS are also nice when in good nick. Really sort the car well.

Thanks. Yeah been talking to a few people and they say upgrade my shocks to a gas "I think" shocker, and keep the springs.

Just gonna start on the clean now been looking into how to re-store the leather i hear nivia face cream is the trick but then i need something to protect it.

Any ideas

THANKS EVERYONE! :D

alright mate just read through these comments and had a look at your car looks good to start from. I have got a set of bbs alloys with tyres on was looking for a set like you have. ones I have are in good condition and have tyres on let me know if intrested maybe in a swap. Unfortunatly im not so good on a computer only have one at work and not really meant to use it so cant get pics up.

Just a thought Neil, Have you checked if your top mounts are ok (open the bonnet, look where the suspension legs attached to the buckhead and see if they are raised??) If they are up that WILL BE YOUR PROBLEM Lol

Top mounts are a very common problem with VR's, people upgrade the suspension but forget to upgrade the mounts - this make the car hard and makes a knock sound as if the springs are broke.

Its an easy change though only £20-£50 depending on the quality or what you buy.

If I was you i'd just get your bumper fixed not change it - plastic weld, filler and smooth and done. Its an easy job for any bodyshop, should cost no more than £150

: U P D A TE :

Got a bonnet and a bumper today: Its going to garage on monday about the springs and the breaks,

Then wed its going to the body shop for its face lift and a spray tan :D

Also got the original air box today cant seem to find the BMC Air Filter "Panel filter" for my vdub :( Might have to get a K&N Panel filter.

Also

What sort of floor mat did a highline come with ?

Thanks gusy and gals