megasquirt..has anyone

as above, anyone used it.. ihad one before but never got round to fitting it to my then mk216v.

im looking for options on my vr6 turbo.. know i no, there is c2,stealth , storm and a few others doing bespoke chips..

but at the price i can get a built squirt unit, its starting to look attractive. im after fuel and spark adjustment..

so if anyones running one, give us a rundown, of any encountered problems.. and a rough cost that you incured.. the beauty of the squirt and other standalones is that i can save money by mapping the unit myslef, and its future proof with regards to other mods..

jim

Don't waste your time with Megasquirt mate. You've got OBD2 which is a very good system, so I would personally go C2 chip or Stealth remap.

I briefly used Megasquirt on a 16V Supercharged engine and the software is frankly, nasty. You get what you pay for mate.

Having personally experienced how well mapped OBD2 turbos run, I would go that route. Seriously. I know I'm pro standalone, but I would rather go carbs than Megasquirt.

Do your engine justice and get some proper software behind it....

as kev said,you have OBD2 so its a chip and maf and that will see you to the 400hp+ mark and it will run super smooth! no idle issues etc.

I was going to go standalone as the corrado was obd1 but after i read nothing but good from C2 i gave it ago and its the best thing ive done to my motor....plug and play fun.